Photo
- - - - -

Bleacher report on John Fox and his language.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,430 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

the article

Carolina Panthers’ head coach John Fox’s clichés are what they are. Particularly after a loss, these type comments by Fox frustrate Carolina fans who look for an articulated, logical response and explanation.

#2 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

I'm not even coming into this one after this, you guys have fun...

#3 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:23 PM

because the most important thing after a loss is that fans hear what they want to hear, after all. Those unstable, out of control coaches that get made fun of on late night sports clip shows don't last long with their jobs, but sure, if you want a Denny Green, Mike Ditka, or Jim Mora they're available.

#4 southcakalac

southcakalac

Wharton Fan Club

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

Nothing that I didn't already know.

#5 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

When Fox starts losing more than he's winning, I'll tire if the clichés.

I don't see the reason to fire a coach just cause a small group of fans spoiled by immediate and full information at all times on the Internet and cable TV can't stand being shut out of the loop.

#6 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,430 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

riiight. Who cares if we can't win big games or go one and done in playoff trips. as long as we're not 1-15 everything's just dandy.

#7 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:03 AM

It is what it is.

#8 Chubbs McGee

Chubbs McGee

I will bite your face off

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:08 AM

riiight. Who cares if we can't win big games or go one and done in playoff trips. as long as we're not 1-15 everything's just dandy.

I'd make a comment about the ignorance and stupidity of both this post and the idea that coaches have some sort of duty to provide color commentary to the fans, but naaaah.......you guys are what you are, and it is what it is.

#9 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,430 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:32 AM

I'd make a comment about the ignorance and stupidity of both this post and the idea that coaches have some sort of duty to provide color commentary to the fans, but naaaah.......you guys are what you are, and it is what it is.

And I can tell you I'm not a guy who bases his personal opinions of other people off their views of a head coach. I critique and argue with other posters, but I never call them stupid. Calling someone else stupid for their own opinion would make me a moron.

...but then again, I don't even know why I'm in this argument, all this was about was cliches, I don't know where Delhommey got the notion I suggested he should be fired. But then again, you BFJSs are quick to jump the gun and put on the red cape to protect your most precious head coach, in the face of any and all overt opinions.

Oh, Mr. Mcgee where would the huddle be with that most insightful display of basically telling me off. You've read this one with your eyes closed my friend.

#10 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

I remember when Fox first arrived, people loved his phrase It is what it is. I was a member of another website and was given a hoodie with the website logo on the front and the phrase is on the back.

#11 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,582 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

Cotton?

#12 realstandman

realstandman

Who???

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

I never pay any attention to Bleacher Report. Anyone can write those articles. Its no more than a Fans Opinion, and I get enough of that here.

#13 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:08 AM

Tom Coughlin was hated in his years of "futility" in Jax and NY then he was loved and revered after his team got hot at the right time. Steeler fans were tiring of Cowher then he entered the Pantheon of Pittsburgh legends by winning one ring.

All it would take is one right sequence of events and everyone over here save for the most fragile of egos will call for Fox to be in the Ring of Honor.

#14 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

true

#15 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:15 AM

Tom Coughlin was hated in his years of "futility" in Jax and NY then he was loved and revered after his team got hot at the right time. Steeler fans were tiring of Cowher then he entered the Pantheon of Pittsburgh legends by winning one ring.

All it would take is one right sequence of events and everyone over here save for the most fragile of egos will call for Fox to be in the Ring of Honor.

Unless he wins more than one superbowl here, It won't be me.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com