Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

The Pro Clausen Thread....

276 posts in this topic

I'm in the "hope he does well, but I'm not confident in him" boat.

Clausen will be better this year or he will be gone. Thats it.

I admit I was one of the people who were quick to criticize Jimmy during the season, but I know that our inept coaching staff (and our young, inexperienced, often injured, and all around terrible team members) was a major factor in why he played the way he did. I think that if he starts most of the games next season with good play calling and coaching, with a roster upgrade, we'll really know how good he is.

blinded optimism.

I hope he does well too. But I just don't see anything in Jimmy Clausen that is going to make him our guy. I'm glad Rivera isn't throwing him under the bus like Foxy did.

By definition, the jury is still out on any 2nd year player... it takes at least 3 years to fully evaluate a rookie.

It used to be unthinkable that a rookie QB could have any success, then we had a run on guys like Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, Bradford, etc who experienced some success... so now the expectation is that a rookie QB should be ready to play right away or he sucks.

I don't know if Clausen will ever be a viable NFL QB, but I do know it's too early to decide that now.

Catman, are you on the Panthers payroll? You sound like it. Its ok, this is just a forum, u can voice ur true feelings here.

it takes at least 3 years to fully evaluate a rookie.

So we made need 4-5 years to determine he stinks?

Man the next few years are going to be tough

cough Dwayne Jarret cough

cough You can't count that since that coaching staff is NOT here anymore cough

Catman, are you on the Panthers payroll? You sound like it. Its ok, this is just a forum, u can voice ur true feelings here.

It's not a matter of feeling, it's a matter of fact.