Photo
- - - - -

Qb's in the draft.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#16 Carolinator

Carolinator

Banned

• PipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

QB is not the strength of this draft

#17 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

I don't think we will draft ANY QB's this year

#18 pantherj

pantherj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

We'll probably get a vet QB, or start Clausen/Moore, and then draft Luck in 2012.

#19 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:41 AM

Moore is a FA and not on this roster as of right now. I'm having a hard time thinking he will be signed back.

#20 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:29 AM

I think in any other year the now top QB prospect would have been a late 1st round pick, with only one other QB picked at the end of the 1st.

Gabbert is kinda the #1 by default but only because there are serious quesion marks next to the rest. He has got a big arm, but tends to loop a lot of his passes. Slow footwork and has little poise in the pocket. Good short accuracy, able to send the ball for miles, but isn't incredibly accurate beyond 15 yards.

Newton is all potential, so unless he kills his pro days etc I wouldn't want to invest a top 10 pick on him. Amazing athleticism, questionable pocket footwork and absolutely no experience in what he will be asked at the next level. Has never been forced to make difficult reads because teams generally did everything they could to stop him running.

Locker is an enigma, not really sure he has the accuracy or ability to read defences to warrant a high draft pick. However he is a true dual threat QB who was coached to try to get him to be a pass first QB, which worked last season, not so much this season. He has the big arm and the athleticism of Newton, but also the coaching to try to develop him as a QB. He just hasn't been as effective as Newton in either area.

Mallett is a prototypical QB, not much mobility, massive arm, decent vision and moderate reading ability. However he isn't a leader, has been in trouble with the police and early in his collegiate career showed little interest int he film room.

#21 Troy17289TD

Troy17289TD

The Troyster

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:54 AM

I hope we take Locker so I can bring out my "Got Jake?" t-shirt again.

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

No QB this year.

#23 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

Literally Can't Even

HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:59 AM

Blaine Gabbert

he dat deal

but in all seriousness he's going to rape the combine/pro day, that's why he will be talked about. not saying they WILL take him, but he will be in the discussion

#24 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

Being doubtful that we would select a QB with #1. With Gabbert, Newton, Mallet, & Locker all projected 1st rounders we will be looking at whoever is left between Andy Dalton, Ricky Stanzi, Christian Ponder, Pat Devlin, or Nick Foles to be available with our 3rd round pick. I don't want to waste a 3rd round pick on any of those guys. Although I don't think we should reach for a QB at number 1, i do believe it would be a better option than reaching for one with the 33rd pick unless Mallet or Locker happens to drop that low.

#25 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

He isn't in the draft, is "damaged" goods, and is actually appealing to the NCAA for a sixth year, but---far off in the distance---I've still got my eyes on Case Keenum.

#26 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

He isn't in the draft, is "damaged" goods, and is actually appealing to the NCAA for a sixth year, but---far off in the distance---I've still got my eyes on Case Keenum.

I love his weekly top 40.

#27 mj4life

mj4life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

i doubt we take a qb this year, many seem to forget that pike is a guy the panthers also want to develop. with two young guys they seem to like already bringing in a veteran seems to be the way we will go

Edited by mj4life, 14 January 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#28 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

Where would Pike rank in this years group of QB's? I wish we would have at least seen him play a half or more.

I don't see our QB situation as much better than last year, unless somebody steps up. I feel ambivalent about Green, Peterson, and Fairley at #1; sullen about the rest of the possibilities. The ghost of Luck will haunt us all year.