84 replies to this topic

#16 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

Montgomery to LSU is a Huge shocker. He was pretty much a lock to unc as of yesterday.
Massie to ole miss.

#17 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

Anyone who signs unexpectedly with Ole Miss at the last minute = grades make this the only other option besides JUCO.

#18 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

Manti Te'o to Notre Dame is a little surprising, considering USCw was putting the full court press on him.

#19 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

Anyone who signs unexpectedly with Ole Miss at the last minute = grades make this the only other option besides JUCO.

Nah, I heard it was down to unc and ole miss last week. He may not qualify though but him signing to ole miss is no shocker.

#20 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:46 PM

then who UNC got?

#21 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

I hope Clemson gets Kendall Kelly...

#22 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

then who UNC got?

Morgan Moses decided to go to Virginia. With him and Montgomery going elsewhere, the class ranking has dropped from borderline top 5 to 8-10th. Still losing Morgan is not that bad as two other top OT recruits are coming in anyway.

Great class for UNC. I think they are still waiting for the letter from A.J. Blue although he is 98% committed already; then the class is complete.

#23 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,895 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:25 PM

:lol: Right now Duke's class is ranked ahead of State's and Wake's.

#24 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Dont count out montomery to unc just yet. Word is he has been waivering all morning. Anounced to LSU at the espnu studio this morning. Word out of there and lsu is he didnt know what to do this morning, texted constantly in the studio and didnt sound solid lsu. He hasnt faxed his LOI yet, also rumor is that he is waiting on to see if Trent Richardson (who he has become friends with) goes to lsu.
http://www.bayoubengalblog.com/

and now some think richardson is headed to bama

#25 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

:lol: Right now Duke's class is ranked ahead of State's and Wake's.

I'll say it again..its always nice to have the 5 star guys but unless you are a state or wake fan you have no idea what is going on in the respective programs. For instance...word out of the NCSU camp is that our Scout team offensive line is better than the line that we started last year because it is full of guys that have been redshirted. We have two legit QBs, one of the best WR corps in the ACC, and some other really nice options on the bench as well. I'm sure that Wake is in the same boat...we got our good classes in for 07 and 08. We had a down year in 09 but we didn't really have any holes to fill. And the holes that we did need to fill such as CB we filled with solid players..

#26 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

ugggghhhhh I am so disappointed.......There are times I may get one wrong possibly two, but to bat .000 is a complete shock......I honestly thought Montgomery was a Heel and was going to walk onto the basketball team. I even read on ESPN this morning that they even bought into him becoming a Tar Heel. Then when 10:30 hit and no announcement was made, I started to get worried and when I found out he was waiting on to see what Richardson was going to do.....Well I knew it was going to be LSU. Then come to find out that Richardson went ahead and committed to Bama...Well now Monty is signed and Bama is still waiting on Richardson, oh well

Moses thing I actually pmed F1P2 about him late last night early this morning telling him his Mom talked him into going to UVA, because of the fact that it would be easier for friends and family to come see him play if he could qualify. Just bad info from the talk around campus, I should have never had spewed....Guess I got caught up in the excitement.

Montgomery though was a lock, how he switched to LSU was a last minute thing

#27 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

ugggghhhhh I am so disappointed.......There are times I may get one wrong possibly two, but to bat .000 is a complete shock......I honestly thought Montgomery was a Heel and was going to walk onto the basketball team. I even read on ESPN this morning that they even bought into him becoming a Tar Heel. Then when 10:30 hit and no announcement was made, I started to get worried and when I found out he was waiting on to see what Richardson was going to do.....Well I knew it was going to be LSU. Then come to find out that Richardson went ahead and committed to Bama...Well now Monty is signed and Bama is still waiting on Richardson, oh well

Moses thing I actually pmed F1P2 about him late last night early this morning telling him his Mom talked him into going to UVA, because of the fact that it would be easier for friends and family to come see him play if he could qualify. Just bad info from the talk around campus, I should have never had spewed....Guess I got caught up in the excitement.

Montgomery though was a lock, how he switched to LSU was a last minute thing

Would you rather play at UNC or LSU? Keep in mind that you're 10x more likely to get national exposure and maybe go into to the NFL at LSU.

Edited by Misty_Mountain_Hop, 04 February 2009 - 05:53 PM.

#28 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

me personally?? UNC......Him though LSU and he had more of a start as a freshman leverage.....which I think he would have possibly started for the Heels, but he would have had to work for it more

Edited by Tweeder, 04 February 2009 - 06:02 PM.

#29 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,216 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

Yeah, there was some flap involving correspondence courses, and Illinois couldn't let Craig Drummond enroll early, so he went to Ole Miss.

#30 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

me personally?? UNC......Him though LSU and he had more of a start as a freshman leverage.....which I think he would have possibly started for the Heels, but he would have had to work for it more

Rumor was that he didn't want to compete with the talent we have at DE as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com