Photo
- - - - -

Chud is the new OC

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
160 replies to this topic

#151 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:25 AM

if it's only about a strong arm, then you can go after newton...but if you wanna have accuracy as well, you should spend a look at mallett. he played two excellent season in a row, in the sec.

Like Stumpy said it is more than a strong arm. Mallett is a head case and that is when he is interviewing and talking to NFL officials. I can only imagine what he is saying in private. Then add the drug accusations and other concerns and he makes newton look like a reformed choir boy.

#152 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:11 AM

Am I the only one around here who actually watched how Mallett handled pressure in college? I hate to break it to some of you, but this kid is not that accurate when real defenses are trying to sack him, and regardless of how good or bad his 40 time was, he is not good at all when it comes to moving around in the pocket. He's awesome against air though.

#153 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

Am I the only one around here who actually watched how Mallett handled pressure in college? I hate to break it to some of you, but this kid is not that accurate when real defenses are trying to sack him, and regardless of how good or bad his 40 time was, he is not good at all when it comes to moving around in the pocket. He's awesome against air though.

I do not want him. If he can sit and plant in the pocket, he can kill you. I would simple blitz him and make him outthink me. He can't.

Folks, these workouts can be dangerous. be careful about being dazzled by mediocrity.

#154 communist

communist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

rivers and manning are relatively immobile as well...i watched his game against bama, another one (think it was against lsu) and his bowl game...he is very accurate and i mean very very accurate.
i'd rather go for mallett in the 3rd than draft gabbert or even newton 1st ovr...at least in your case.

#155 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Mallet won't be there in the 3rd

#156 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

rivers and manning are relatively immobile as well...i watched his game against bama, another one (think it was against lsu) and his bowl game...he is very accurate and i mean very very accurate.
i'd rather go for mallett in the 3rd than draft gabbert or even newton 1st ovr...at least in your case.

Actually, Rivers and Manning move pretty well within the pocket, IMO. Mallett does not.

#157 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Mallett is so so so bad.
Please stop suggesting him.

#158 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

Mallett is so so so bad.
Please stop suggesting him.

I dunno, he beat Eisen by .7s in the 40. That's pretty damn impressive.

#159 communist

communist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:53 PM

Mallet won't be there in the 3rd

if he were, would u at least think about that?

#160 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

TROLLOLOL

Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

if he were, would u at least think about that?

Sure I'd think about it but I don't think we should waste a pick on a QB this year, unless it's Colin K in the 5th but he won't be there then either so my answer to any QB this year will be no

#161 communist

communist

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

Sure I'd think about it but I don't think we should waste a pick on a QB this year, unless it's Colin K in the 5th but he won't be there then either so my answer to any QB this year will be no

yeah, i agree...if we talked about luck, it would be a no-brainer imo. but gabbert or newton? dont know...i'd rather think about green b/c smitty's days are as good as done.