Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pelosi and the 500 million americans...

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

To me it was better than a guy at the top of the ticket whose only leadership experience was community organizer and 4 years of voting on other people's legislation.

But its water under the bridge now. At least President Obama was smart enough to realize he was inexperienced and put people around who do know what they are doing.

Posted · Report post

Yep, and times like these require someone who will innovate, not stagnate the same old political agendas. I believe I know which categories the two political parties fall under.

Posted · Report post

Yep, and times like these require someone who will innovate, not stagnate the same old political agendas. I believe I know which categories the two political parties fall under.

Individuals within both parties may have innovative ideas, but they have to be able to play the same old politics if they want to get a chance to implement them. Its a lesson Obama seems to have learned and thats why he is keeping or hiring those with political experience.

Posted · Report post

All I've seen in the recent past is Democrats presenting their ideas, Republicans saying "those ideas won't work", and I'm still waiting on some constructive criticism to come from the Republican camp but all we get is blatant criticism and nothing more.

Seems to me they spend their time trying to counter every effort instead of spending it trying to improve those efforts.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Posted · Report post

3 times now I have had to stop myself from punching my monitor to take out that freaking heart.

Posted · Report post

3 times now I have had to stop myself from punching my monitor to take out that freaking heart.

Hey, there's a whole thread on that in the Panthers forum... don't take it out on the Tinderbox...

Posted · Report post

All I've seen in the recent past is Democrats presenting their ideas, Republicans saying "those ideas won't work", and I'm still waiting on some constructive criticism to come from the Republican camp but all we get is blatant criticism and nothing more.

Seems to me they spend their time trying to counter every effort instead of spending it trying to improve those efforts.

Correct me if I am wrong...

Define recent.

IMO, historically speaking the party out of power (the democrats for the first 6 years of the Bush admin, or the republicans first 2-4 years of the Clinton admin) is the one that comes up with "new" ideas which are really not new just revamped old ones.

Nothing Obama has come up with is really new or innovative so far. That doesn't mean that he is doing a bad job, but there really is nothing new under the sun.

Its not his ideas but his ability to get the things that he wants accomplished that will make or break him as an effective leader. In other words, how good a politician he is. Well that and how he handles the crises that will pop up.

Posted · Report post

It's the attack Cheney was alluding to :) He's in the jewelry business now

Posted · Report post

Recent meaning since inauguration. All I'm asking for is a Republican to, when he/she states that an idea is retarded, follow up with a way to make it better. That's something that interviews with Republicans have been lacking, and it's not too much to ask.

I realize it's much too early for anything really innovative, but it's never too early to be constructive in criticism. Personally, I'm quite sick of the spiteful undermining of efforts of both parties by both parties.

I think now, as much or more than at any other time, is a time for cooperation from both sides.

Posted · Report post

Recent meaning since inauguration. All I'm asking for is a Republican to, when he/she states that an idea is retarded, follow up with a way to make it better. That's something that interviews with Republicans have been lacking, and it's not too much to ask.

I realize it's much too early for anything really innovative, but it's never too early to be constructive in criticism. Personally, I'm quite sick of the spiteful undermining of efforts of both parties by both parties.

I think now, as much or more than at any other time, is a time for cooperation from both sides.

I commend Obama for going out of his way to include Republicans in his admin, and in his plans even though he really doesn't need to.

But I don't think you will see that much cooperation. And I don't think its really needed. The Democrats are the majority party, and they have very few restrictions on what they can and can't do. If the republicans are to regain power (the whitehouse) it will be because Obama's policies failed and they are seen as a standing up against those policies.

Posted · Report post

Well I, for one, would like to see cooperation on things to better the situation our country is in, not to further one or the other political party.

I guess it's a dream world I live in, but the snozberries taste like snozberries :)

Posted · Report post

Well I, for one, would like to see cooperation on things to better the situation our country is in, not to further one or the other political party.

I guess it's a dream world I live in, but the snozberries taste like snozberries :)

Who ever heard of a snozberry?