Photo
- - - - -

Pro Bowl ratings/ State of the NFL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#16 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

This is kind of sad. Our nation is a bunch of NFL sheep glued to the TV screen guzzeling down beers and wings/pizza/chips.

greatest sport in the world.. greatest chess match as well...

So they're just going to make the fans suffer because they can?

actually, no. not because they can, as if they choose to fug with you, but because they can take the hit of losing a few fans for a year or 2, because they'll come back..

look at FB and their privacy issues.. if people love something, you can get away with a lot of poo..

Edited by bleys, 31 January 2011 - 07:23 PM.

#17 Munkey

Munkey

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

It's funny how even the NFL pro-bowl gets almost as high ratings as a World Series game... if I was a baseball exec I'd kill myself right about now.

The only way MLB would get even remotely the kind of fanbase and viewers the NFL has, is if they let the players use jetpacks and to be tagged out you can just throw the ball at a runner as hard as you can, bonus points for a knockout.

Until at least one of those things happen to MLB, I'll never watch baseball and always change the channel when SportsCenter brings it up.

I'm almost positive Tennis (the bigger events) has to have higher viewer ratings in the US than baseball does now.

#18 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:42 PM

The only way MLB would get even remotely the kind of fanbase and viewers the NFL has, is if they let the players use jetpacks and to be tagged out you can just throw the ball at a runner as hard as you can, bonus points for a knockout.

Until at least one of those things happen to MLB, I'll never watch baseball and always change the channel when SportsCenter brings it up.

I'm almost positive Tennis (the bigger events) has to have higher viewer ratings in the US than baseball does now.

I watch Tennis from time to time (the big events), but very rarely will ever be caught watching baseball..

so if anyone is like me, you're example rings true.. lol

#19 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

i had it on in the background, not too many great plays exept beasons pick 6

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

So they're just going to make the fans suffer because they can?

casualty of war/greater good/yada yada yada

#21 Awesomeness!!

Awesomeness!!

BangBang

HUDDLER

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:26 PM

I forgot the Pro Bowl even came on until I hope up and saw the highlights on Sportscenter this morning. Sorry, I just can't care about something as meaningless of that..

#22 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

It gets good rating because it's before the SB now. No doubt if it has been the week after the SB it would've been half that...which still would'e been a nice rating though.

999.999999999999999% sure that they said 1997 had more viewers when there was less population in the US and the probowl after the super bowl.