Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PETA says Pig Farmers are more of a threat than Bin Laden

22 posts in this topic

Posted

The same could be said about any operation taking place in a containment area where oxygen is displaced.

so your problem isn't that what is say is wrong, but that industrial waste is bad in other sectors.

wow, that's a pretty convincing argument you have there.

Trained personnel know not to enter these areas as they are confined spaces and anyone worth a sh*t knows you need training and a permit to do so.

also I know you didn't read the article because the real problem is when these open air lagoons are flooded.

like is described in the article.

that you didn't read.

like when it happened when hurricane floyd washed all that stuff into a river.

Posted

so your problem isn't that what is say is wrong, but that industrial waste is bad in other sectors.

wow, that's a pretty convincing argument you have there.

also I know you didn't read the article because the real problem is when these open air lagoons are flooded.

like is described in the article.

that you didn't read.

like when it happened when hurricane floyd washed all that stuff into a river.

Most of the article describes the cruelty of pig farming, the stench associated with it, describes the fat cat of Smithfield farms jetting around in a private jet, desribes the authors experience when he went to a pig farm. About one page out of five discussed lagoon flooding and leaching into groundwater. Are you sure you read it?

Besides, you asked someone for one point of the article that someone had a problem with. I pointed it out. Fact is, industrial waste is nothing new and is not limited to people dying in pig sh*t. I guess I have a problem with the author. I agree lagoons are nasty nasty places, I've been to them. Have you?

Posted

Besides, you asked someone for one point of the article that someone had a problem with. I pointed it out.

your point is irrelevant and trivial, and doesn't address an actual problem with the article itself.

the request was directed to Kurb, not you, to point out something wrong with the article after he tried to discredit it by naming its source and his involvement with the industry. since he's failed to do that, I'm going to assume he can't.

Posted

Most of the article describes the cruelty of pig farming, the stench associated with it, describes the fat cat of Smithfield farms jetting around in a private jet, desribes the authors experience when he went to a pig farm. About one page out of five discussed lagoon flooding and leaching into groundwater. Are you sure you read it?

Besides, you asked someone for one point of the article that someone had a problem with. I pointed it out. Fact is, industrial waste is nothing new and is not limited to people dying in pig sh*t. I guess I have a problem with the author. I agree lagoons are nasty nasty places, I've been to them. Have you?

I think I have more of a problem with improperly managed industrial waste than I do the author's "agenda."

Posted

Has anyone seen the new PETA strategy of the "Sea Kitten"? I think that proves how ridiculous PETA is.

Posted

Has anyone seen the new PETA strategy of the "Sea Kitten"? I think that proves how ridiculous PETA is.

just because PETA employs a lot of ridiculous strategies doesn't mean they don't occasionally make good points.

Posted

anything like bonzai kitten?

Posted

just because PETA employs a lot of ridiculous strategies doesn't mean they don't occasionally make good points.

totally agree with you there. their hearts are in the right place, but man do they have some immature weirdo publicists.

Posted

totally agree with you there. their hearts are in the right place, but man do they have some immature weirdo publicists.

Put it this way, with the way the world is today. The way people react to this stuff. No one would really Give a damn about peta and it's Agenda if they didn't resort to Extreme methods to make their point. Because of there methods people know of problems they wouldn't have known about otherwise.

Posted

Were their hearts in the right place when they were killing animals that were supposed to be going to their "No kill" shelters, then dumping them in the piggly wiggly dumpster?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c15_1200416787