Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadians @ Bruins

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Going to this game in Boston tomorrow night, who do you like?

Posted · Report post

I like the Hurricanes......

Posted · Report post

I like people who can spell Canadiens right!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hawk']I like people who can spell Canadiens right![/QUOTE]

What about Canadiens left?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

lame.....but not surprised!

Canadiens are the most successful franchise in pro hockey history, spelt with an E because of their french background

Canadians are all those superstars that play on each and every franchise, other than that gap toother ugly bastard in Washington!

Posted · Report post

Hockey, that's that game where they fight for a while then push some little black thing around for a while, then fight some more right?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='nc_biscuit']Hockey, that's that game where they fight for a while then push some little black thing around for a while, then fight some more right?[/QUOTE]

kind of. Or, you could call it that game that's way too fast for most Americans to keep up to...so they change the channel and watch baseball instead! Here's an idea, let's get Fox to add a little blue tail to the puck so we can see it on TV! fuck

Posted · Report post

Hockey is good to watch live but not on TV. I did watch some when the Hurricanes were in the finals a few years back. I have actually been to a live hockey game Hawkie... saw the Canucks play back in 2001 in Vancouver when I was up there on business and I've been to a Hurricanes game here too... :p

Posted · Report post

well woopty fricken dooo....you want a cookie? Did you spend the whole time asking the Canadian in the seat beside you what was going on?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Hawk']well woopty fricken dooo....you want a cookie? Did you spend the whole time asking the Canadian in the seat beside you what was going on?[/QUOTE]

No, but I did have to keep asking him to stop touching me... you people are weird...

You are in a bad mood today... :(

Posted · Report post

after everything you were doing for him, he might have felt a little obligated.

Posted · Report post

I can follow hockey just fine on tv thank you very much, it is a little harder though on a shitty live stream.

Posted · Report post

What a game to be at! I had an absolute blast, was my first NHL experience.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

holy fug what a first game to see live. As a hockey fan I am jealous. Just saw the highlights. I'm sure it was a kick ass time!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Goosfraba21']holy fug what a first game to see live. As a hockey fan I am jealous. Just saw the highlights. I'm sure it was a kick ass time![/QUOTE]

I actually was with a goalie from the U22 Canadian team and she said it'll be tough to top it without a doubt. Plenty of brawls, and 14 total goals scored!

Posted · Report post

never saw the game but I was thinking how fortunate you were to have this as your first time out. Glad to hear it, always happy to get new people hooked!!!

Posted · Report post

Hey Hawk, my B's put up eight on you Savoir Faires. Eight!

Hockey is fun to watch live, but boring as hell on TV. It's just organized chaos and half the goals are luck. Not luck in terms of the shooter, but luck in terms of the goalie not being able to see the puck or get back to catch the ricochet that bounces out perfectly. Makes it tough for me when one player is so much more important than anyone else.

Posted · Report post

ya well...not often you score 6 and lose!!!

and luck? come on...you don't think those guys are busting their ass getting in front of the goalie and taking major damage while they do? As a big guy, trust me, it's hard work keeping that spot.

Posted · Report post

Yeah the guys that go to the net and sit are in the trenches. There's all kinds of cross checking and dirty stuff that goes on there that doesn't get called. I love watching hockey live or on tv. I would say more of the saves goalies make are from luck than actual goals. A goalie can make great saves just by being in the right position.