Photo
- - - - -

JR condescending to Peyton Manning during CBA meeting?

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#316 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

http://profootballta...n-to-decertify/

This one is for Rissle and the others that seem to think that only the owners are the evil ones in this. Although, I'm sure they are going to twist this to their own perspective...

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello has confirmed that the league has filed with National Labor Relations Board a charge of unfair labor practices. The league claims that the NFLPA has failed to bargain in good faith as a result of a strategy to decertify and file antitrust litigation against the league.

The league claims that, in filing the charge, it seeks only that the NLRB order the union to bargain in good faith. The NFL believes that the union has engaged in “surface bargaining,” along with tactics designed to avoid reaching an agreement before the CBA expires, so that the union can file antitrust litigation.

The NFL contends that the union’s strategy of decertification (technically, a “disclaimer of interest”) “is a ploy and an unlawful subversion of the collective bargaining process, there being no evidence whatsoever of any (let alone widespread) disaffection with the union by its members.”

Said the NFL in its complaint: “The NFLPA’s threat to use a sham disclaimer of interest after expiration of the CBA is the same tactic that it employed in 1989 when its representatives falsely swore that its disclaimer was ‘permanent.’ The union’s purpose in doing so is to evade its collective bargaining obligations under the National Labor Relations Act, to seek to use antitrust litigation to enjoin a lawful lockout, and once again attempt to achieve its bargaining objectives under the coercive guise of an antitrust settlement. This plan by the union has produced 20 months of surface bargaining as the union has run out the clock in order to disclaim interest after expiration of the CBA.”

#317 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,380 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:42 PM

already made a thread for that topic here: http://www.carolinah...-with-nlrb.html

I think it deserves its own, haha.

#318 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

Looks like the owners are posturing. The players have more right to file charges with the NLRB than the owners. This is going to get very interesting, from a business standpoint....not NFL fan standpoint...

#319 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

This is from 2008 but is about right. The jets have probably moved ahead of us at #22. And the falcons are catching up quick

http://www.coldhardf...e_rankings.html

Basically, if you look at the entire body of work, we are better than all the obviously pooty franchises but that is it

That site has Kerry Collins has an all-time great Panther.

#320 bigmanstew

bigmanstew

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:08 PM

You guys are on acid

The Panthers are 119-137 since 1995 with 4 winning seasons
The Colts are 170-102 with 12 winning seasons

The panthers are not in the top half of the league

The Colts under Manning alone(since 98) have more wins than we do in our entire existence. Since 95, the Panthers have won 119 games.
Since 98 Manning has won 141 games.

Saw this on PFT

The panthers have 53,479 yds passing since 95
Manning has 54,828 yds passing since 98.

The panthers have thrown 313 touchdowns since 95.
Manning has thrown 399 touchdowns since 98.

Richardson better be careful or they are going to start making depends jokes about him as they do Al Davis.

I bet the Colts hang close to 50 on us after these comments.

#321 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

You brought up the Colts not me.

Panthers are a below average franchise with a couple bright spots

I swear....you are the most negative person on this board.

#322 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,587 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

I read some article that surmised JR's comments toward Manning were due to his hatred of Bill Polian

#323 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:13 PM

The Panthers are still a young team. Look at the Texans you don't see them doing any better since their beginning. At least we went to the championship game in the 2nd year.

#324 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,587 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

I swear....you are the most negative person on this board.

You are mistaking negativity for realism.

Realism appears negative to those who don't want to hear the truth

#325 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:17 PM

Sorry, there is nothing fake about their jobs. The work they put in everyday does deserve compensation. The demand for their expertise determines their compensation. You act like playing football at this level is stress free and fun like it was when you played with your family in the backyard or something. Getting hit by Ray Lewis is not like playing scrabble.

The players themselves are trying to determine their fair worth....you don't get that opportunity.

Do you get to go to your boss and tell them what you will be paid? No.

The market determines your worth. And in this case, the market is the NFL and the owners. Don't like their employment offer....the players are very welcome to accept offers from other companies and leagues.

#326 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,029 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

You are mistaking negativity for realism.

Realism appears negative to those who don't want to hear the truth

Your definiteion of "realism" is based on your ridiculous and warped view of business and the rights that owners have with said businesses.

The owners invested hundreds of millions of their own money and debt for these teams. The players do nothing but show up...perform work...and collect a paycheck.

They, in absoloutely now way, are "entitled" to any % of the company. You get that right with your personal investment.

#327 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Something that I've not seen talked about but I do think is a very real possibility.

If the owners in whatever way end up again on the bad end of a deal like in 96 and 06 (most likely from a court ruling) then I think Jerry Richardson along with a couple other owners will sell their teams if not just shut them down if there is no buyer. These teams will then go to bigger markets like LA where a team can prosper like in Dallas and Washington and Chicago ect.

Sad to say it but the Panthers will be out of the Carolinas within two years if the owners don't win. Then fans can really hate JR because he didn't stand his ground in the CBA negociations that would have kept him from having to sell the team.

#328 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,587 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Your definiteion of "realism" is based on your ridiculous and warped view of business and the rights that owners have with said businesses.

Owners can do whatever they want. In some business the people are completely replaceable and others not.

The owners invested hundreds of millions of their own money and debt for these teams. The players do nothing but show up...perform work...and collect a paycheck.

Players do more than that obviously. This isn't a bank with a bunch of cube dwellers.

They, in absoloutely now way, are "entitled" to any % of the company. You get that right with your personal investment.

Nobody is saying they should get ownership of the franchise. Everyone agrees that the players are integral to the NFL and should be paid lots and lots of money. The two sides are simply arguing who gets the extra Billion dollars lying around.

PS you seem really negative

#329 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 16,587 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

Sad to say it but the Panthers will be out of the Carolinas within two years if the owners don't win.

0% chance that happens

#330 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

JR won't sell the Panthers. It was his vision to bring a team to the Carolina's. The mascot, the colors, and the emblem itself are representative of the region. It would be like the Hornets all over again, which I guess is a possibility but I think JR is a better man than that. He's already got a new staff in place that everyone feels good about, he's putting his best foot forward to re-energize the franchise. If it wasn't for all this CBA stuff we would not be questioning his motives and commitment to the team.

If they did leave I don't know what I would do. The panther is most badass mascot in the NFL. Plus the panthers mean a lot to NC, especially the Charlotte area. The wine and cheese fans would be in a rude awakening if they left. JR is practically the only reason we have a team.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 14 February 2011 - 04:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.