Photo
- - - - -

JR condescending to Peyton Manning during CBA meeting?

• Please log in to reply
595 replies to this topic

#556 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

Well, if you know him, then you should tell him he needs a PR rep. and a great deal of training when addressing the public. Most Panthers fans will support him blindly, but there are those of us that won't support these types of actions and I can assure you that the other 31 teams fans are going to hate Mr. Richardson before this is over. He has set himself up as the fall guy and all the NFL fans hate will be heading his way if this deal doesn't get done.

Richardson is being painted by the media and players as a guy who doesn't want a deal done and is still pissed over the labor contract from 2006.....

He has very good PR support and advice, so I'm not worried about that. You're in the minority, so I'm not worried about that either.

During tough business negotiations like these, somebody has to be the "bad guy," and JJR is quite willing to do that. The owners support him, so the fans of all 32 franchises will have to accept that.

#557 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

The owners support him, so the fans of all 32 franchises will have to accept that.

Well you see, this is the problem. They don't have to accept it. Richardson is not God and if he upsets the fan base, then he loses. Ask him what happens when he puts pickles on a hamburger when the customer doesn't want pickles....nah don't really ask him that...I'm kidding....but really....the customer gets a new burger....if he keeps putting those damn pickles on that burger....the customer is going to go down the street to Checkers next time!

#558 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,950 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

ill wait to make my judgement on the man till after a season or 2 after a new CBA is reached. If we have to overpay for Free agents or become stubborn and not stay competitive in this league then I will have a change of heart. I just want football for peakes sakes!!

#559 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

I just want it noted this is Riddel's opinion and in no way fact as he would like for others to believe.

The courts can just as likely rule that the financial information from Green Bay is "some proof of it's accuracy..." And before you say it's not a large enough sampling, thats for the NLRB to decide, not you.

By the way, you haven't been on here that long and your comments really started me thinking. I really think you are actually a mole planted by the NFLPA as a tatic to try and sway fans opinions in favor of the players. I could see the union trying to do this...pay some MBA students money to just sit on NFL team's message boards and use text books to try and prove the players' points.

And the way you say things that are so obvious as being opinion but you present it as fact reeks of the ploy the NFLPA has used this entire process. Might just have my foil hat on too tight but I really can't for the life of me see an average fan being as blindlessly supportive of the players the way you are when you no doubt have some intellegence...unless your wallet is getting filled to be so.

Good theory. Join date March 2010, I guess they were paying him a year before releasing him to the world. Idiot.

#560 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • -24,950 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

chill with the name calling. agree with him or dont the guy has his right to his opinion.

#561 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

Well you see, this is the problem. They don't have to accept it. Richardson is not God and if he upsets the fan base, then he loses. Ask him what happens when he puts pickles on a hamburger when the customer doesn't want pickles....nah don't really ask him that...I'm kidding....but really....the customer gets a new burger....if he keeps putting those damn pickles on that burger....the customer is going to go down the street to Checkers next time!

My point is that he's not out there acting on his own ....

#562 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

Good theory. Join date March 2010, I guess they were paying him a year before releasing him to the world. Idiot.

This is when Richardson made his famous speech to the owners.....expletive the players let's take our expletive league back!!!

LOL

I like this theory....does it mean that I get to be 20 something again? Yeah! I really like this theory!

#563 riddel

riddel

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

My point is that he's not out there acting on his own ....

Apparently I now work for the players union, so if you want, you can have JR call me directly.....LOL!!!

#564 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

Then why are you not gone already?

#565 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,147 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:35 PM

Then why are you not gone already?

only a few pickles

#566 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,551 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

I think JR is pissed because Manning talked Luck out of entering draft. And which I'd be pissed to.

#567 Carolina Mike II

Carolina Mike II

Was Just Carolina Mike!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:33 PM

WOW! This is still being debated? Seems like some of you are more sensitive then even a QB! WHO CARES if a QB is talked DOWN TO! I'm sure he will spend some money on something to make is feelings better. GET OVER IT!

#568 CarolinaKat

CarolinaKat

Football Jesus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

The NFL needs fans and players.....Owners need to respect that. If not then we have a lock out and the owners will lose money, lose fans and lose players. Doesn't sound so win win now does it

#569 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Kinda works both ways considering the Fans and Players need the owners or there would be no NFL and payers wouldn't be getting paid...

Just saying.

#570 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,710 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:24 AM

Someone's already said it. The Players, agents, media, etc have got alot to lose from this.

The Owners in comparison will at best take a dent in their wallets.

While I agree that both sides are being rather brazen in their argumentative approaches. The Players are the one's that are actively holding their tongues. And rightfully so.

Owners currently have the upper hand here, and it suuuuuuuuuucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com