Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty to pats?

61 posts in this topic

Posted

Smitty's my favorite player and I'd hate to see him go, but with the bad press were getting now and going to get in the future, a 2nd rounder is looking pretty good right now. We're going to need all the draft picks we can get, considering it will probably be hard for us to attract free agents. We're going to really have to build through the draft. This is all moot anyways, because I doubt we could get a 2nd for Smitty.

Posted

I love Smitty but if this happened it wouldn't be a bad thing. We would have the #1 pick and the 33rd pick that everyone has been bitching about. At this point I think Steve deserves a chance to win a championship and he doesn't have too many years left. If he has a horrible year people are gonna be complaining that we didn't take the pats up on their offer. In retrospect I would've much rather taken the 2nd round pick the pats offered for Peppers instead of paying him $1 million per game.

Posted

I love Smitty but if this happened it wouldn't be a bad thing. We would have the #1 pick and the 33rd pick that everyone has been bitching about. At this point I think Steve deserves a chance to win a championship and he doesn't have too many years left. If he has a horrible year people are gonna be complaining that we didn't take the pats up on their offer. In retrospect I would've much rather taken the 2nd round pick the pats offered for Peppers instead of paying him $1 million per game.

Not so fast.

Pats have more than one 2nd round pick.

What makes you think they qould give us the #33 overall?

Posted

no chance Smitty gets us a 2nd rounder. this isn't Madden, we'd be VERY lucky to get a 3rd rounder. realistically we'd get a 4th rounder.

with that said, the thought of Brady to Smith scares me. we'd basically be trading them a trip to the super bowl.

I still think we should keep him though, unless he starts openly demanding a trade. The return just isn't worth it.

Posted

Why the he'll do people keep wanting to trade our best players to the patriots

Posted

smh at Lombardi.

Posted

If that happened this board would legitimately blow up.....zod be warned

Posted

I wondered how long it would take for this thread. I remember reading a similar one with us trading Peppers to the Pats. It probably has as good a chance as happening as well.

Posted

Ugh... I know he isn't happy...

But the Pats? Seriously? ANYONE BUT THE DAMN PATS SMITTY!!!

Posted

I just hear Steve smith to the steelers. I think I might tweet that and see what happens.

Posted

Ugh... I know he isn't happy...

But the Pats? Seriously? ANYONE BUT THE DAMN PATS SMITTY!!!

If Smitty absolutely HAD to be traded, I'd like to see him in a Chargers uniform.

He'd have the opportunity to shatter records with Rivers throwing him the ball.

Posted

Not so fast.

Pats have more than one 2nd round pick.

What makes you think they qould give us the #33 overall?

If it did happen, it would probably be their 28th pick in the 2nd round.