#31 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

I agree with that list for the most part, but I do think Miller and Marcel Dareus belong high on the list of pro-ready guys.

Walterfootball has us taking Stocker in the third, as a Vol fan what are your thoughts?

#32 paulSM

paulSM

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:05 AM

If you noticed, I rated Newton as the worst out of the pro-ready guys. Sure there are others that are more pro-ready, but I think the draft pretty much comes down to those five right now. I don't think there would be any point to drafting Miller or Darius as I think they both fit the 3-4 much better then the 4-3.

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:08 AM

If you noticed, I rated Newton as the worst out of the pro-ready guys. Sure there are others that are more pro-ready, but I think the draft pretty much comes down to those five right now. I don't think there would be any point to drafting Miller or Darius as I think they both fit the 3-4 much better then the 4-3.

Darius is said to fit both schemes very well, but for the sake of your argument I'll agree. However, Mayock has Dareus listed as the first DT on his board.

#34 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:10 AM

just because mayock says something doesnt make it true. Yes the guy is more knowledgeable then us and kiper and all but he isnt perfect. Just because Dareus is rated higher doesnt mean he will fit in any scheme.

#35 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

What I find amusing is the people saying we wont draft Green bc we drafted three receivers last year but not seem to mind that we drafted two QBs last year. I think this situation comes down to petersen, green, fairley, or newton. Here's how I break it down...

the difference between the WRs and the QBs drafted is the fact that the WRs didn't suck donkey balls and actually played well.

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

just because mayock says something doesnt make it true. Yes the guy is more knowledgeable then us and kiper and all but he isnt perfect. Just because Dareus is rated higher doesnt mean he will fit in any scheme.

Most pundits think Dareus is scheme diverse, not just Mayock.

#37 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:15 AM

Maybe this thread needs an official definition of BPA in order to work the way it was drawn up

#38 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:16 AM

I would say right now AJ green or PP is the BPA.

#39 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• HUDDLER
  • 17,399 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

I would agree...dickhead.

#40 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

I agree btw

#41 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,877 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

I would agree...dickhead.

u wish

#42 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

Walterfootball has us taking Stocker in the third, as a Vol fan what are your thoughts?

As a Tennessee fan, I'd love to see him go in the third. As a Panthers fan, I'd rather see us go after other needs in the third and go after that TE from Portland State in the 5th or 6th.
Stocker will be a good pro, but I think we have bigger needs that need to be addressed that early in the draft.

#43 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:24 AM

Maybe this thread needs an official definition of BPA in order to work the way it was drawn up

I will give it a try:

BPA=Drafting the best player is based on the notion that drafts are not primarily about fixing a weakness on the team for next year, but rather are part of a longer term building process.

#44 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,492 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Generally I would agree, but a one read QB from a run option offense is going to take time to adjust. Take that and add the question about his intelligence I feel 100% comfortable saying he isn't pro ready.

Great talent and athlete? Sure, pro ready NFL QB? No.

one read offense i can agree with, but why question his intelligence? what decision on the field made you say what the fug was that?

#45 HSCBandit07

HSCBandit07

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

It's a shame we already pick first overall and Hurney can't trade away all our picks to pick Newton 1st

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.