Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Should he have prayed?

104 posts in this topic

god could have saved himself some time and just pushed the birds out of the way

Everyone knows canadian geese are shit machines straight from satan's bosom.

Those birds were atheists.

But then we wouldn't have this great thread. :o

Those views are very reasoned, they are just diametrically opposed to the ideas of Christianity.

How so? If I prayed to God this morning to give me the strength to be a better person today than I was yesterday, and this afternoon i was faced with a traumatic experience, say a car accident. The instant I see somebody is seriously injured, I jump in to try and save this individual with CPR or what have you. During this time of panic, I do not pray. I rely on the prayer I said in the morning to give me the strength and wisdom to help me help the injured person. How is that diametrically opposed to Christianity? As a Christian, you think that I am taught that God's Will is in play and I should ignore what's happening to give Him thanks and praise because the outcome is predetermined?

For the record these are the devil birds...

muscovy-duck.jpg

Those views are very reasoned, they are just diametrically opposed to the ideas of Christianity.

How so?

Until you are shoved into a traumatic experience, it's really hard to know what you will and won't do. You usually can't remember WHAT you did. That's for people on both sides of this spat.

For the record these are the devil birds...

muscovy-duck.jpg

These things are all over South Florida. Don't know wtf they are, but you are right.

As a Christian, you think that I am taught that God's Will is in play and I should ignore what's happening to give Him thanks and praise?

I think you should read Job this evening.