Photo
- - - - -

Should he have prayed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#61 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,340 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:45 AM

They are indeed all over Florida and have the temperment of feathered lion

#62 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,717 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

I think you should read Job this evening.

For the record, I have not been the model Christian over the last 8-10 years, so your recommendation probably wouldn't hurt.

But if things worked the way you are saying, I'd pray before every sales call I made and I'd be retired by the age 35.

#63 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,717 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

They are indeed all over Florida and have the temperment of feathered lion

I have been hissed at numerous times by these fowl.

#64 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

no one on united 93 prayed

lol sucks for them

#65 jabbo420

jabbo420

on the ragged edge

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

no time to pray in this case

#66 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,778 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

Well a few of them did most likely but they had the Wrong God.

#67 jabbo420

jabbo420

on the ragged edge

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:28 PM

i should clarify. no time for sully to pray.

#68 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:20 PM

Zod -- Your president prays. He is a religious man. The guy who will oversee the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, Joshua DuBois, is a Pentecostal pastor. Do you have problems with that? (We certainly haven't seen the kind of criticism Sarah Palin received for having once been a member of the Pentecostal church, but there's no surprise there.) BTW - I have absolutely no problem with it at all. Do you? Will you criticize Obama when he says he's prayed for guidance, etc.?

#69 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Zod -- Your president prays. He is a religious man. The guy who will oversee the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, Joshua DuBois, is a Pentecostal pastor. Do you have problems with that? (We certainly haven't seen the kind of criticism Sarah Palin received for having once been a member of the Pentecostal church, but there's no surprise there.) BTW - I have absolutely no problem with it at all. Do you? Will you criticize Obama when he says he's prayed for guidance, etc.?

Please point out where I criticized anyone for praying. If you can't, feel free to insert foot in mouth. Ok Sweetie Pie?

;)

#70 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Please point out where I criticized anyone for praying. If you can't, feel free to insert foot in mouth. Ok Sweetie Pie?

;)

Let me ask it a different way. Do you think the president should pray?

BTW -- please point out where I said you criticized anyone for praying. I asked you some questions ... you chose not to respond.

How's your foot tasting, honey bunch?

Edited by Panthers_Lover, 09 February 2009 - 04:01 PM.

#71 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:04 PM

Let me ask it a different way. Do you think the president should pray?

BTW -- please point out where I said you criticized anyone for praying. I asked you some questions ... you chose not to respond.

How's your foot tasting, honey bunch?

It doesn't bother me when anyone prays. Why would it? If the president feels a need to pray to god, allah, krishna, whoever it does not concern me much. Just as long as he isn't getting an answer in return and starting wars because of it.

#72 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

It doesn't bother me when anyone prays. Why would it? If the president feels a need to pray to god, allah, krishna, whoever it does not concern me much. Just as long as he isn't getting an answer in return and starting wars because of it.

So, you have no problem with him asking, but you do have a problem with him getting an answer ... what's the point of asking, then?

#73 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:11 PM

Good question. Dunno. People feel the need to do it though. But if I hear Obama say "God told me to invade France" I will be worried. Well, maybe not France.

Prayer, in my opinion, is just a security blanket that people can't let go of. Its not a nice to feel helpless, so praying makes it seem like you are at least doing something. There have been huge studies on the power of prayer, and the answer is it does just about as well as hoping for something. 50/50. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't.

#74 JakeFlake

JakeFlake

The King of Kings

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:13 PM

It's like the question Kay Yow posed to her pastor, which he repeated at her funeral...

"If God knows everything, why do we pray?"

#75 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

Check your aviation history and is not a big of a deal as people are making it. There have been several cases where planes ditched into water and the plane stayed intact and everyone survived.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com