...or a Derrick Cope! :yikes:

#77 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,512 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

i will need to see bayne win on an oval track before i say he is the next dale earnhardt like most people are now

Who is saying this?

#78 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Who is saying this?

This.^^ I heard him being compared to Logano yesterday, but not the next Earnhardt.

#79 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

Too Bad Bayne's Win or the Points don't count for him..

#80 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,957 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Too Bad Bayne's Win or the Points don't count for him..

I thought I heard the announcer say that Bayne checked some card that indicated he wanted his points to count towards one of the other series. Maybe I misunderstood him, but that makes very little sense.

#81 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

I thought I heard the announcer say that Bayne checked some card that indicated he wanted his points to count towards one of the other series. Maybe I misunderstood him, but that makes very little sense.

it was a rule they made at the start of this season, you can only compete for 1 championship so he checked nationwide because he wont race all the sprint cup races this year

#82 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 10,756 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

it was a rule they made at the start of this season, you can only compete for 1 championship so he checked nationwide because he wont race all the sprint cup races this year

Yep and now he has 2 full season sponsers for the Sprint cup, so they are trying to get at least the win to count. He won't get the points no matter what happens.

#83 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

they also impound the car for a year...can a team that small afford something like that?

<<< no idea what kind of $ is involved with winning a race!

#84 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,957 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

they also impound the car for a year...can a team that small afford something like that?

<<< no idea what kind of $ is involved with winning a race!

Its not winning the race, its the sponsors. If they have the sponsors, then they can afford more cars. And when you win Daytona, sponsors tend to become more willing to talk to you. :)

Btw, the win netted the Wood Brothers about 1.5 million. Bayne gets a portion of that. Maybe as much as half, but more than likely about a third. Still a pretty decent payday. The rest is split up among the team.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 22 February 2011 - 07:24 PM.

#85 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:43 PM

Not feeling like reading 9 pages but i think it was terrible racing but a good race....

the two car pack sucks but overall, decent action...

#86 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

F'n retarded rule too. They should be allowed to run for any combination of championships that they want.

Its not gonna keep the cup guys from running nationwide races anyway.

#87 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

Cup guys are still gonna run the races but it does prevent them from being the champion. If nothing else, a younger guy will win the title this year and possibly get some exposure...

#88 Starscream

Starscream

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts
  • LocationLaurinburg, NC

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

F'n retarded rule too. They should be allowed to run for any combination of championships that they want.

Its not gonna keep the cup guys from running nationwide races anyway.

I like the rule. It needs to be tweaked a bit too, but it's a start. I would limit the big time Cup guys to a certain amount of Busch races a year too.

People like Bayne and lesser known Cup drivers should be eligible for both, but I'm sick of the big boys always coming down and winning the Busch races. At least Mark Martin doesn't run them anymore and win each and every week.

#89 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

St Patty's Day!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationSeymour TN

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Bayne seems to be humble and wise beyond his years at only 20. Plus he lives in Knoxville near where I live! A hometown boy!

#90 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

So kyle busch has won both races so far this weekend, led every lap in the nationwide race. Whos leading the nationwide points? Reed sorenson lmao, a guy that failed in the cup series.

So much for the new rule favoring the lesser known new guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.