#46 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

How could a number of pro scouts call him a once in a decade player or still see him as a number 1 prospect. TRD the quarterback expert said he isn't any good. How can that be????

A month ago on this very board I was told he wasnt even a first round draft pick and would not play QB in the NFL. What a difference a month makes I guess. :D

#47 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

The majority of fans must be clueless about how important footwork is to an NFL quarterback. Goood footwork helps the timing and the accuracy of their throws. Doesn't matter how good their mechanics are, if there is lousy footwork. This is why quarterbacks coming from spread offenses need time to adjust. They get the ball in shotgun formation, and toss the ball. Dropping back, having a good hitch, squaring up the shoulders, and throwing over the lead foot is all important to accuracy. That is why the scouts don't worry about throws from quarterbacks that are just learning the footwork.

What the scouts, coaches, and GMs want to see is improvement from the combine to their pro days. That will go to show them how coachable these kids are.

Cam is an accurate qb. Give him more than just weeks to learn the footwork.

#48 MIAbound

MIAbound

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:18 AM

Cam has a good chnace of one day getting to the big game

#49 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:34 AM

The fans and media are making a lot more out of Cam's passing drills than scouts are, apparently. When I hear about other team's GM's saying he hopes we're "not in the room. I want [Cam] in the AFC" that tells me more than any PFT report or fan speculation.

#50 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:34 AM

What the scouts, coaches, and GMs want to see is improvement from the combine to their pro days. That will go to show them how coachable these kids are.

Speaking of this when is Cams pro day???
Edit* Just looked it up. Its soon, March 8th!!

Edited by shermdog444, 01 March 2011 - 08:37 AM.

#51 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:44 AM

A month ago on this very board I was told he wasnt even a first round draft pick and would not play QB in the NFL. What a difference a month makes I guess. :D

I gotta admit KT, you said a long time ago that the Panthers would take Newton at #1. I, and others, laughed at you.

I did not think there was any chance.

Well I was wrong, there IS a chance.

It hasn't happened, but there is a chance and I didn't even think it was going to be possible.

Another thing, I am slowing and painfully starting to buy some of the hype and his #1 potential. It is still possible that the Panthers are trying to trade this pick.

But, that being said, I would still rather have Luck, and he would have went #1;)

#52 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

He also said we would take Pryor #1 before he knew who Cam was.

#53 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:59 AM

The majority of fans must be clueless about how important footwork is to an NFL quarterback. Goood footwork helps the timing and the accuracy of their throws. Doesn't matter how good their mechanics are, if there is lousy footwork. This is why quarterbacks coming from spread offenses need time to adjust. They get the ball in shotgun formation, and toss the ball. Dropping back, having a good hitch, squaring up the shoulders, and throwing over the lead foot is all important to accuracy. That is why the scouts don't worry about throws from quarterbacks that are just learning the footwork.

Some fans even seem to believe that footwork can't be improved, and that's pure BS. There are 4-5 yr NFL vets who are still trying to improve on their footwork. It's just one of those things that need lots and lots of repititions until it becomes second nature and you don't have to think about it.

#54 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

Superfreaks make people wonder... at 10 maybe not a reach so much at #1 stupid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com