Photo
- - - - -

Picks #1 - #5 Trade History

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#16 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

Would be thrilled with a tradedown.

Especially if we can somehow get a 2nd rounder out of it for this year. Lot of value in the mid 1st-2nd round.

#17 Malachias

Malachias

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

Buffalo would be ideal, but if we don't "bluff" or whatever you want to call it to sell the fact that we will take Cam, why would the Bills trade with us? Denver is the only team between us and them, and no way does Denver take Cam.

denver could also very easily trade down with a team that loves cam (and still get one of the "elite" DL rookies), leaving the bills empty handed. so, if (and that's a big if) the bills want to secure newton they better trade up. OTOH they could just sit there doing nothing, because it is more than likely that cam newton will be there at #3.

#18 mr beauxjangles

mr beauxjangles

Large Member

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

RTB52 is pretty much right on.

The assumption is that Buffalo wants Cam so they trade up to number one to get him. Bad assumption. Denver doesn't want Cam, so there is no need to jump Denver at number two. If Carolina wants Cam at number one, they are taking him, not trading down. You will not see Buffalo trading up to number one to take Cam Newton.

#19 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

Cool stats, but if no CBA is in place I know that means no more trading players, but does that include trading draft picks?

#20 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

only way we trade down is a team not named Bills wants Cam more than the Bills do.

#21 PantherProfessor

PantherProfessor

Fingers Crossed

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

One thing i noticed as a trend with those trades were the other teams were almost always in the 5-7 range, not 2-3. with that being said here's the teams that could potentially want to leapfrog Buffalo to make sure they could land Cam.

#4 Bengals - If Carson Palmer is serious about getting out, they need help in a hurry.

#5 Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald has been very vocal about getting someone to solidify the QB position, and ARZ seems happy to listen.

#7 49ers - the Alex Smith experiment has run its course, time to find a franchise QB. Harbough's offense will require someone to act as a field general, they don't have that on the roster.

#10 Redskins - McNabb isnt the long term solution and isnt on the coaches good side. someone like Cam would fit the mould in DC for a flashy player.

Everyone keeps talking about Cam, but Gabbert and Mallet are also potential targets for teams looking to land a future franchise QB. But i think the only guy anyone would trade up for is Cam at this point, but the question is, will someone be willing to take him at #1?

#22 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

There are always people looking into what it would take to get the top pick... just normally teams ask too much, according to the JJ chart. If you want to move down (stay in top 5-7) request one 2nd round pick and perhaps a 4th as well.

#23 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Bengals, Browns, Raiders, Bills, Lions.

i'm kinda liking what the lions are putting together. they were in a lot of games this year even with the second and third string qb starting.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

I would laugh my butt off if we traded the #1 pick to Cincinnati for the second time :lol:

(probably laugh even harder if they would up with a similar result on their end)

#25 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

With no cba can teams still trade draft picks!!!!!?!?????

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

With no cba can teams still trade draft picks!!!!!?!?????

Yes, they can.

#27 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

I just don't expect a trade...there isn't a player of the caliber worth trading for. I mean in most of those years the players that were getting traded for ended up being stars, with some highly notable exceptions. Cam Newton has bust written all over him, unless he gets a chance to sit for a few seasons. I see Dallas being a good destination for him.

#28 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2011 - 04:33 PM

Wow, look at those deals, Panthers got robbed. We got one extra pick, everyone else got multiple picks.

#29 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

I'm seriously hoping the Bengals get desperate for Blaine Gabbert. I would accept it if they gave us their first and their second round picks. If we got more than that, it would be icing on the cake. With their first, we can still get a good defensive player (DT/Corner), and in the second would could grab Kyle Rudolph.