• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 05:59 AM

Shockey, Barnidge currently have contracts.

King, Rosario have been offered contracts.

If both King and Rosario sign, someone has to go.

IMO, because of Barnidge being a special teams beast, he stays. So it's down to Rosario or King. Hopefully King signs elsewhere because I am excited to see what Rosario can do in an actual NFL offense.

#2 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:03 AM

I think it's a given by this point that King is gone, if not Rosario too, despite the tenders. They can be pulled.

#3 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:14 AM

I actually think Rosario can be a star in Chud's offense if we re-sign him.

#4 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:54 AM

Hopefully you're right.

#5 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:11 AM

King gets the boot. He is a horrible pass catching TE where as Rosario is multi-talented and Barnidge seems to be more of what Rivera and Chud are looking for

#6 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

king isn't horrible, he's just slow.

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:31 AM

I would think Fox would want King over there in Denver. He is the ideal Fox player. Veteran, decent at everything, great at nothing, isn't a risk.

#8 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:35 AM

Maybe they tendered King so they can get a 6th or 7th round pick outta fox for him :)

#9 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:58 AM

Zod, you are around the team and know the players personally (I assume). I go to OTAs and Spartanburg once a year. My observation about King is that he is a leader. I also think everyone here should not discount the fact that he is a (Y) "hand in the dirt beside the tackle" blocker.

I do not know how important that is now (opposed to a TE who can split out, motion into block, or h back lead block). Frankly, I do not know if Shockey isn't better than King on the LOS..

Rosario is a player. Barnidge will be if given the opportunity, I think. Shockey will probably

#10 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

when you have check down happy qb's you fill the stable with TE's, and RB's who can catch and block. Variety one way or the other to keep the defense guessing does not hurt either. I think this is just part of Clausen's development. Give him big sure-handed targets on the short routes and run the poo outta 4 WR's until he gets comfortable enough to air one out.

#11 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:42 AM

It's rare that you have a long-time starter that gets benched when signing a big-name free agent at the same position and that guy stays on the team. I think King's gone.

#12 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

King was our best Tight End last year. It would be sad to see him go, but I can't see him sticking around with the Shockey signing. Fox is ready to sign him.

#13 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Had a nice lunch with Rosario and Barnidge last year. Both are very bright guys and I can see both being leaders on the team, Rosario especially.

#14 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,056 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Agree, I have high hopes for Rosario in this offense... I suspect King will be the odd man out simply because he doesn't have the speed to get open in man-to-man coverage.

#15 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

King is gone and should be. He isn't really starter material unless you just expect your TE just to block. Rosario is the guy every year that we keep saying he has a ton of potential but hasn't developed. Maybe it was coaching. Then again maybe it is the fact that he tends to drop the ball when we need him to catch it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com