2. Preconceived misconceptions about making reads and progressions. "well if nobody taught him that at the college level, he'll never learn, because apparently, QB coaches in the nfl are just fuging stupid and pooty at teaching guys to go through those reads and progressions compared to the college QB coaches"
3. 3 year project. Really? Where'd you come up with this specific timetable? "uh, well, you know, most qbs need x amount of yrs to be able to lead an offense. I mean there's a pooload of contradictions in recent history, but you know, just believe me because i know QBs i'm a QB guy"
4. Carson Palmer doesn't want to play in Cincinnati, or they have another QB from the island of misfit toys, AKA QB free agency, that they've got their dick dripping for. "HEY! Guess what that means! That means we can swap picks and get a veteran QB. He had good stats in Cincy, so that automatically means he'll come in and play good here immediately without a hitch! Right? ....Right? Right?! Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right? Right?"
5. Non-success of mobile black QBs to win a superbowl automatically means that he will end up training himself to read and run and make the same mistakes they did at the pro level as well. You know, because there's no fuging chance in hell he'll use his mobility to extend plays behind the LOS while still looking downfield, no he's just going to dart into linebackers for 4 yard gains and hurt himself.
6. We should go in next season with Matt Moore as the starter. Because guys that have enough talent to assist people looking for plumbing supplies in home depot make great QBs that stabilize the position for years.
7. Inherited obsession with compiling raw talent on defense because you think that's the way no.1 defenses are built. "NO, we need to go BOWERS, PHIL TAYLOR in the third and then address offense no earlier than the 6th round, and if not Bowers than Patrick Peterson, Nick Fairley, or Patrick Peterson no.1. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS and and and it starts and ends in the trenches PPLZZ"
8. Vicarious conservatism on the part of their underlying OCD-causing fear of failure. "WHATIFITDOESNTWORKWHATAREWEGOINGTODOWENEEDTOMAKETHESAFEPICKBECAUSEITSTHESAFEPICKANDWEWONTFAILTHATWAYANDWELLENDUPWINNINGIFWEMAKETHESAFEPICKBECAUSETHATSHOWYOUWIN!!"
9. Retarded assumption that all good QBs are genuflecting cub scout leaders with the personality of a washboard. "This guy's got some charisma. No way we should draft him he's gonna whip his dick out on the field and give one of the topcats a roman war helmet"
10. Infatuation with picking lesser talented QBs in the middle-late rounds and then bringing up tom brady whenever someone argues the infeasibility of a QB picked in those rounds becoming successful. "Well you know it's not impossible so we're automatically better off doing it there"
"Because he looks like Jamarcus in physical form"- yes, people actually think this is a good point
"because he's black"- Now I agree with everyone that thinks KT is stupid because he thinks anybody who disagrees with him is a racist by default and fires his prejudiced sticker gun at someone whenever they make a good point about not wanting a QB who happens to be black, but hunt and peck and you'll see some people inadvertently post racist bullpoo about Cam
"he had a bad combine that doesn't look good"- If he had a good combine they'd say "pffffftt, it's just the combine it really doesn't matter this one player i'm bringing up that had a good combine and became a bust also had a good combine so there"
Some people will suggest the "smoke screen" argument, but that usually comes as a propaganda push after they've given their reasoning. They could be making a smoke screen, or they could actually be genuinely interested in the guy because they're not anonymous recluses who've had only one moment in their life they worked hard on something which was when they built their C3PO suit for the Star Wars con.
and now cut to ronnie
Edited by Raging Bull, 10 March 2011 - 02:58 AM.