#61 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

Also, this idea that the players are all making millions and can afford to take a pay cut is just moronic.

How is it moronic?

#62 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

Then obviously, their working conditions are horrible... why did they ever pursue an NFL career to begin with?

Wat

#63 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

How is it moronic?

Because the actual number is about 30% less than that, and the length of the average career is a fraction of the average career of other union workers.

Edited by Carolina Husker, 12 March 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#64 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:55 AM

Wat

Posted Image

#65 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

Your question was dumb, illogical, and had nothing to do with the statement you quoted me.

#66 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

Plus the 5 years the teams wanted to produce is all that is relevant bc that would be the info since the last CBA in 2006. The previous 5 years before that have ZERO to do with the current CBA and are not needed. It was a bull poo request designed to get us to this point.

#67 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Your question was dumb, illogical, and had nothing to do with the statement you quoted me.

I give up.... you wood nymphs have fun letting your collective egos feast on your brains

:leaving:

Edit: for the record, I should rep you for being the only one to actually respond to what I have stated. So much for opposing mindsets having the mental fortitude to actually stand up to any actual debate

Edited by twylyght, 12 March 2011 - 11:06 AM.

#68 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Because the actual number is about 30% less than that, and the length of the average career is a fraction of the average career of other labor workers.

How come the Players don't think of themselves as employees? (Which they are)

Would you go to your boss and say "Well show me your financial records before I take a pay cut. I want to see the revenue and records of the profits that you made in the past five years.

IMO, if the players don't like whats going on, there is the UFL or the CFL. Pick one.

#69 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Because the actual number is about 30% less than that, and the length of the average career is a fraction of the average career of other union workers.

The league minimum annual salary is more than most of us make in 5-10 years and is exponentially higher than a lot of people who actually need unions make so bull poo.

#70 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

Plus the 5 years the teams wanted to produce is all that is relevant bc that would be the info since the last CBA in 2006. The previous 5 years before that have ZERO to do with the current CBA and are not needed. It was a bull poo request designed to get us to this point.

But...but...but....we want 10 years so we can really say that the NFL is not losing money. This is exactly why I can see the reason the NFL didn't want to open up their books. The NFLPA can pick and choose what they want to see and distort the truth.

+Rep to you Teeray. (damn, I already repped you for something earlier)

Apparently, Five years ain't good enough.

#71 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

It's pretty simple. If your boss and the company that employed you were making more money than ever before, many using state funded facilities, and they came to you and said you now have to work more hours for less money, you'd be okay with that I'm sure.

Actually that jus happened to my wife. Her company jus celebrated their best year in company history. The company doesn't have a state funded building ut are heavily subsidized by the government and are essentially tax exempt from the state.

How did they repay her and others on the sales team? Cut their commision rate.

She wasn't happy about it but she makes really good money so basically she had to be okay with it.

So again that is bull poo. That is life.

Edited by teeray, 12 March 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#72 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

The league minimum annual salary is more than most of us make in 5-10 years and is exponentially higher than a lot of people who actually need unions make so bull poo.

And why wouldn't it be? No one pays to watch you work.

#73 Ounce

Ounce

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

So you bring up equally as egregious examples from the rest of the working world and your logic is " Derp corporations screw me over so the hell with anyone else who fights them herp derp".

When you've abandoned basic human logic 101, debating is pointless

#74 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

And why wouldn't it be? No one pays to watch you work.

We aren't talking about me we are talking about NFL football players. I am not in a labor dispute over my meager salary. I am blessed to have a job at all in this economy.

#75 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

So you bring up equally as egregious examples from the rest of the working world and your logic is " Derp corporations screw me over so the hell with anyone else who fights them herp derp".

When you've abandoned basic human logic 101, debating is pointless

That wasn't the point. And for the record I think unions are important for that very reason.

What I don't like is the NFLPA using nefarious tactics to try and gain public support for a strategy of blowing up the NFL to try to deepen their pockets.

The "transparency" bull poo was a smoke screen to get us to litigation. It was an outrageous request that had nothing to do with what was being negotiated. It was a request that was designed to try to give them a moral high ground in the poll of public opinion as they tried to bring the NFL closer to the MLB.

It is now obvious that some people bought it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com