• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers128

Should Singler and Smith have their jerseys retired?

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/22054/the-duke-numbers-game-should-singler-and-smith-have-their-jerseys-retired/

Singler is automatic imo and Smith should have his jersey retired too. Yes, Duke has retired a lot of numbers but for all the Singlers and Smiths you have guys who don't stay but for a year or two and dont warrant the honor.

Singler and Smith had an amazing run with Duke. Lost only 2 games at home their careers with Duke.

Thanks for the memories.

No but then again I dont really care.

Then why did you Post??

I say yes too both we wouldn't have won last year or this year without them.

Both are solid members of the Duke family??/

Then why did you Post??

I say yes too both we wouldn't have won last year or this year without them.

Both are solid members of the Duke family??/

Much as i hate Singler he needs to be up there. Smith is a tough choice imo.

You guys are crazy saying Singler shouldnt have his number retired. His stats are ridiculous and very comparable to Laettner's stats and he also won a championship with Duke while being MOP of the NCAA tournament.

Singler finishes 4th all time in scoring for Duke and 7th all time in rebounds. Also joins a small group of players with over 2000 points and 1000 rebounds.

A lot of people with short term memories will say "oh singler sucked this year he is total n00b", but in reality Singler is definitely a better choice than Smith who has progressed phenmenonally over the years.

Although I agree with whoever said its taking less and less to get a jersey retired, I think you have to retire Singler, and if Smith were to win national player of the year I think its required. Smith is a tough choice, but at the end of the day I think he is worthy