Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun Cam Newton Stuff

110 posts in this topic

Posted

The biggest reason I am not on the Cam wagon is due to his many many many off field issues.

I'm sure that most of you want nothing to do with Ryan Mallet due to his alleged drug issues. If that is the case, I don't want anything to do with him either. but those same people are all over Cam's nuts when he has even more off field issues than Mallett has ever had. The worst part about it is that the cam nut huggers have an excuse for each one of the incidents, but none for Mallett. Just because Cam had 1 very studly season, everyone is hitching themselves to his wagon. Truth of the matter is, he is too much of a Running quarterback for my tastes and he has a TON of off the field issues.

I get it, he's a freak of nature athlete, that doesn't mean he's a QB though. There have been too many athlete first, QB second guys that haven't amounted to anything in NFL for me to have any confidence in him as a prospect. now there are all these whispers of him being extremely selfish, a dick, and immature. I'm sorry, I just can't support drafting a guy like that to be the future face of our franchise.

Posted

Forget the off the field stuff...I don't want Ryan Mallett because he reminds me too much of Chris Weinke. He's big and has a strong arm, but he can't move in the pocket. In fact, I have seen Mallett's footwork and mechanics break down worse than what people are criticizing Newton and Gabbert for, when he was under pressure. You won't see that on the highlights though.

Also, there is just something about Mallett's personality I don't like. If any of these QB's has a fake smile, it's him.

Posted

You sound like a bitter ex GF of both Mallett and Gabbert

Posted

You sound like a bitter ex GF of both Mallett and Gabbert

WFT are you talking about? I have said plenty of good things about Gabbert. I just like Newton better because I believe his ceiling is higher. I have never liked Mallett though.

By all means though, show me some clips of Mallett sliding around and buying time in the pocket when he is getting rushed hard, and we can talk about it. Personally, I've had enough of watching Panthers QB's crumble like rag dolls at the first sign of trouble. I want to see a real playmaker at QB while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. Sue me.

Posted

unless their is photo graphical evidence that cam is smoking blunts and drinking some sort of cheap cognac, i don't want to see it.

Posted

By all means though, show me some clips of Mallett sliding around and buying time in the pocket when he is getting rushed hard, and we can talk about it. Personally, I've had enough of watching Panthers QB's crumble like rag dolls at the first sign of trouble. I want to see a real playmaker at QB while I'm still young enough to enjoy it. Sue me.

I'll show you clips of Mallett doing things that will benefit him in the NFL and make him a successful QB in the NFL.

The minute you find those clips of Cam, I'll support him

Posted

I'll show you clips of Mallett doing things that will benefit him in the NFL and make him a successful QB in the NFL.

The minute you find those clips of Cam, I'll support him

The minute someone shows you the clips you'll say you watched the first few seconds and saw enough to see he can't make the "NFL throws" because the defense didnt call the right play and his first read was open and he needs to throw into a tight window but not into dangerous coverage:lol::crazy:

Posted

Apparently, you nor TRD watched any footage of Newton this past year. You can't have the 2nd highest QB rating and the highest yards per completion by just throwing dump downs and short passes. He averaged a first down with every single pass he threw.

None of this has anything to do with nor addresses TRDs point, which is that Cam had, and likely still has, trouble with zone defenses.

1 person likes this

Posted

The minute someone shows you the clips you'll say you watched the first few seconds and saw enough to see he can't make the "NFL throws" because the defense didnt call the right play and his first read was open and he needs to throw into a tight window but not into dangerous coverage:lol::crazy:

Don't make the same mistake DaCityKats made.

Taking something out of context and trying to use it in every post only makes you look foolish.

Posted

None of this has anything to do with nor addresses TRDs point, which is that Cam had, and likely still has, trouble with zone defenses.

But he won the Heisman!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Maybe so, but if you watch those clips he gets an all out blitz a couple of times and he completed passes with rushers in his face. You can teach a guy how to read a zone defense, but you can't teach guts.

Posted

Don't make the same mistake DaCityKats made.

Taking something out of context and trying to use it in every post only makes you look foolish.

made a mistake by looking at a thread title. big deal,you can be my groupie