#61 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

Reform and hacking to death are two separate things...

#62 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:54 AM

Reform and hacking to death are two separate things...

I think that every item Ryan has laid out, he's offered offsetting items.

For instance...for the corporate tax rate to be lowered...he's talked about removing all corporate welfare payouts and tax incentives. Make GE pay a flat tax. Enough with legislative pandering and "kickbacks through legislation".

For Medicare, sure..."privatize" in the sense of what we have with the prescription drug plan we have now. Put the choice in the people's hands while a safety net is there (increased subsidies) for the truly needy.

Quit being melodramatic and make offers. Liberals are showing zero leadership...they're fine with the status quo. Are you?

#63 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

thats bullshit they've already offered cuts and you know it.

This isn't melodrama, it's peoples lives. People that have worked all their lives for people that have made their fortunes off of their backs, and now it's a great idea to take away the one remaining thing they have to look forward to in old age now that pensions and corporate paid health care have gone the way of the dinosaur while the rich get 200,000 dollar fountains that pee.

Your simplistic GE argument has been thouroughly debunked btw. I agree that corporate tax loopholes can be closed - but of course a year ago, Tea Partiers argued that these were needed to keep companies from leaving the US.

#64 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

thats bullpoo they've already offered cuts and you know it.

This isn't melodrama, it's peoples lives. People that have worked all their lives for people that have made their fortunes off of their backs, and now it's a great idea to take away the one remaining thing they have to look forward to in old age now that pensions and corporate paid health care have gone the way of the dinosaur while the rich get 200,000 dollar fountains that pee.

Your simplistic GE argument has been thouroughly debunked btw. I agree that corporate tax loopholes can be closed - but of course a year ago, Tea Partiers argued that these were needed to keep companies from leaving the US.

You lower overall corporate tax rates to "keep companies from leaving the country".

After the bank bailouts and the amounts going to even overseas banks/entities...you would rather keep keep that system of political payback rather than an overall flat tax?

As for the medicare changes, I don't remember those being guarantees to anyone. Social security sure...and I know the retirement age increase is looked upon as bad, but even the debt commission recognized that HAS to be done.

#65 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

lol lower corporate tax rate? How do you get lower than 0?

Oh I know, subsidize them. We already do that.

#66 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Did you miss the remove subsidies, tax breaks, and bailout monies?

#67 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:20 PM

Thank you, green incentives.

#68 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

WashPo calls out Pelosi's lies/bull

http://www.washingto...og.html?hpid=z1

#69 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,535 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

corp tax rate and taxes PAID are MUCH dif. this seems to be a liberal's mantra when this topic comes up.

So right now, you are going on record as saying there is NO corp tax rate and that it's ZERO?

#70 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:51 PM

This isn't melodrama, it's peoples lives.

Melodrama.

#71 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

Paul Ryan = courage
Obama = cowardice

I wish Ryan had gone even further with cuts in Military and telling folks at 50 and under, that their retirement age would be 70.

But what a contrast in someone who is willing to take a bullet which are already being fired at him, to someone whose constantly hiding from issues and has zero leadership capabilities.

Whether you agree with Ryan or not, he is the only one acting like an adult.
We have big issues and everyone says "someone needs to step up". Ryan has and the typical, cowardly, panty waste liberal will only stand back and fire at him just trying to score political points

Haven't heard about him wanting to cut defense contractor spending,tax loopholes to corporations sending jobs overseas,oil subsidies,big farm subsidies,prison spending,bringing troops back from Iraq,the war on drugs...etc!It would take courage to finally say it's time to legalize marijuana,prostitution and hemp and tax it!He is also wanting to cut the tax rate of folks making a million and up from 35% to 25%!Doesn't sound like he's that concerned about the deficit!Sounds more like doing the bidding of the Koch brothers!

#72 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:18 PM

Holy poo I've never seen the media more in unison on a talking point than this "courageous" thing. It's like they passed out a script to every single conservative pundit.

Yes,it was a love fest,Beck even told Ryan that he loved him and Ryan returned his affection!

#73 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

I would like to add that none of the politicians have the "courage" to propose a good 20 % pay cut and elimination of health care for members of Congress and Senate!

#74 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

I blame the GOP for moving the goalposts everytime Reid,Obama and Boehner get close to a deal!I blame the Democrats for not standing up to the GOP and demand that there be cuts to defense contractors,eliminate foreign bases and bring troops back home,cuts to oil and big farm subsidies,close tax loopholes of the GOP beloved corporations that ship jobs overseas,cuts to prisons,the war on drugs,cuts to the salary of politicians,....etc!

#75 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • 3,785 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

http://twitter.com/R...03938901688320#

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com