Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Claws

Dale Earnhardt

32 posts in this topic

I would say Jimmie Johnson is in the conversation with Richard Petty, David Pearson, Dale Earnhardt, Cale Yarbarough, etc. He might not have the "Earnhardt attitude" and he's not flashy but he gets results. Period. He's won every big race there is to win; Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, Southern 500, Coca-Cola 600, the All-Star race. Not to mention five consecutive championships along with two runner up finishes. If Johnson continues at this pace you could make a very solid argument that he is the best ever. There is no ceiling for how much more Johnson can accomplish.

1 person likes this

Since when did the gay ass 48 win 7 championships?

And if it wasn't for the crooked ass chase, he wouldn't have any of them.

He has 5. The chase is the best thing that has happened to NASCAR. Every sport needs a playoff system. I guess you want football and basketball championships to be decided by the regular season too?

You're a moron.

Jimmie Johnson got lucky last year. He was around 7-8th best all year long & then won a few of the last 10 races while everyone else struggled.

You do know that Dale would have 9 or 10 championships had they used the BS system they use today, right?

NASCAR is a complete & utter joke compared to what it wasd in the 80's & 90's.

Dale Earnhardt

Richard Petty

Jeff Gordon

Cale Yarborough

Junior Johnson

Jimmie Johnson

Darryl Waltrip

...several others I've missed off the top of my head.

...everybody else

Richard Petty

Dale

Everybody else.

:rolleyes:

Jimmie is not on the level of a driver as dale

You do know that Dale would have 9 or 10 championships had they used the BS system they use today, right?

False. Dale Earnhardt would have won five championships had the chase always been in place.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=3576522

I personally like the Chase. It's not perfect but it's better than the old system when you often knew who the champion would be by the time they got back to Daytona in July.

I know I'm in the minority but I would rank David Pearson ahead of Petty or Earnhardt in terms of pure driving ability.