-Game of Thrones-HBO-

3,832 posts in this topic

Posted

That's what it sounds like. Honestly I think they could start season 4 with the PW and then be able to fit most of AFFC into that season, because not a lot actually happens. That way you could start with Oberyn and also fit Arienne's plot with Myrcella together.

Posted

i wouldn't be surprised if they combined affc with adwd and stretched that out over 3 seasons

Posted

i wouldn't be surprised if they combined affc with adwd and stretched that out over 3 seasons

That would make sense from a readers standpoint, but it might turn off some viewers since those are the 2 weakest in the series IMO.

Posted

I liked AFFC because I'm a big fan of Jaime and Cersie. You just have to kind of gloss over the 500 pages of Brienne hearing about Dontos' family tree like anybody gives a crap.

Posted

I think RW will be episode 9. actually... I've been back and forth, but I don't think they'll leave the season ending with such dramatic an event...

They'll use EP 10 to handle some aftermath...

Sandor/Arya, Jon/Ygritte (she'll probably die EP 9 or 10 as well), Bran and Co. getting to/past the wall?, Jorah being revealed as a traitor by Barristan, etc.

However, this theory doesn't really allow for a good closing moment for the season that I can think of off the top of my head. So, I don't really know how that will be handled.

Posted

I really think they'll merge the events of AFFC into the seasons for the other books, because I don't think they'll do a season without Tyrion. Hell they may even have to put some ADWD stuff into season 3 because of the way he jumped around in the timeline.

Like, Jon sending Sam to the Citadel in ASOS and then going back to show his point of view 2 books later

Posted

Didn't shave his head. I knew they wouldn't, but I still kinda hoped.

Posted

Skywalker'd

Posted

Also, confirmation today that the RW is indeed being shot for this season.

1 person likes this

Posted

Looking forward to RW on the screen.

1 person likes this

Posted

RW confirmed for EP 9 (some spoilers for non book readers in the link):

http://winteriscoming.net/2012/10/new-in-depth-report-from-the-set-in-northern-ireland/