-Game of Thrones-HBO-

3,803 posts in this topic

Posted

possibly... but it is just the equivalent of someone like Viggo Mortensen playing another role like Robin Hood or something... Anytime I see him cast as something midevil/fantasy in the future I'm going to associate it with Aragorn/Stryder...

That's where the quality of the actor comes into play.

Posted

The guy that plays Khal Drogo is from Stargate Atlantis or something.

fuging hate his guyliner. ugggggh so angry about that.

Just a word of caution. If you haven't read the books, avoid all spoilers anywhere at anytime. You will hate yourself to death if you ruin this series for yourself.

I see spoilers in those pictures for example.

I removed some of the artwork that I guess may be a spoiler. IDK, my guesses were just reinforced by some of the artwork I saw on that foreign website. I'll have to stop looking at info on the series since I dont want to spoil the series for myself.

Posted

I guess I should have said potential spoilers. You really don't want to though, unless you spoil it by reading the books.

At this point I'd say just sit back and enjoy your first run through the story as a visual experience.

The books are much more fleshed out, and slower to develop. The dothraki wedding and consumation is much more emotional and consensual, and much less like rape in the books for example.

Posted

Watched it last night. Never heard of it before this thread. I dug it. I'm into this kind of poo though. Was that the very first episode of the series?

Posted

Watched it last night. Never heard of it before this thread. I dug it. I'm into this kind of poo though. Was that the very first episode of the series?

yep, first one...

Posted

Justed watched it can't wait to see more. Loved the opening scene in the woods.

Posted

for those of you that havent read the books you have no clue what you're getting into... this series is awesome because no one is safe.

2 people like this

Posted

That became evident when the kid got pushed.

Posted

lol

Posted

Well damn! I just watched the first episode. I can't believe HBO has actually put on an interesting show again.

Posted

Well damn! I just watched the first episode. I can't believe HBO has actually put on an interesting show again.

Boardwalk Empire had an amazing first season.

Posted

Party time

Episode 2!