Photo
- - - - -

The spirit of John Fox lives on?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#1 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

You would think after all the complaining about the conservative nature of the John Fox era people here would be more apt to take risk. However from a lot of comments and post it seems like John Fox is still here.

Drafting a cornerback , DT at #1?
We need a traditional pocket passing QB.
Complaining that a QB made a play to ice the game instead of taking a knee?
Tanking the year so we can get a better QB(arguably) next year?
Hoping that our horrible QB play from last year was just bad play calling?

Or maybe it's just me reading into things..........

#2 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Exactly I would think our fans would be tired of the safe decision making & being behind in today's NFL by having no QB.

#3 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

You would think after all the complaining about the conservative nature of the John Fox era people here would be more apt to take risk. However from a lot of comments and post it seems like John Fox is still here.

The problems with our fanbase runs far deeper and more ignorant than the things you listed.

#4 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

The problems with our fanbase runs far deeper and more ignorant than the things you listed.

Sad but true

#5 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

"It is what it is"

#6 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

Exactly I would think our fans would be tired of the safe decision making & being behind in today's NFL by having no QB.

you would think, but some are too used to the mediocrity I guess. Every good team takes chances on players. I dont like the Patriots, but they are beast when it comes to taking chances in the offseason.

#7 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

I'd say it is.

The draft thing has nothing to do with the positions. It's the players available. Some folks believe, and have stated, that the best players available this year are a DT, CB, or WR, and that's a legitimate position. Would you dispute that?

And yes, pocket passers still win, especially with the rules as they are today. But for the record, it's wrong to assume that "pocket passer" means "immobile". Aaron Rodgers is a pocket passer but also has some mobility (and there are other examples).

The complaint about Newton revolves around the fact that he disobeyed a coach's order. Some may not have an issue with that, but for some it's a red flag. Again, a legit point of view.

The 'tank the season' thing is silly, but I'm not sure how many people legitimately think that and how many are just saying it jokingly.

As to the last one, what's really wrong with hoping that Clausen is better than what he showed last year? I'm not necessarily buying that he is, mind you, but why would finding out that the high pick we used in last year's draft wasn't a bust after all be a bad thing?

#8 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

You would think after all the complaining about the conservative nature of the John Fox era people here would be more apt to take risk.

The conservative philosophy comes from Richardson not Fox. That's why its still here. As his bank account grew the less risky he became.

Edited by Captain Obvious, 20 April 2011 - 10:55 AM.
for grammar police

#9 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

you would think, but some are too used to the mediocrity I guess. Every good team takes chances on players. I dont like the Patriots, but they are beast when it comes to taking chances in the offseason.

Yep the same fans that wanted to "under the radar" :nonod: f**k that I want great expectations year in and year out.

#10 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

I'd say it is.

The draft thing has nothing to do with the positions. It's the players available. Some folks believe, and have stated, that the best players available this year are a DT, CB, or WR, and that's a legitimate position. Would you dispute that?

And yes, pocket passers still win, especially with the rules as they are today. But for the record, it's wrong to assume that "pocket passer" means "immobile". Aaron Rodgers is a pocket passer but also has some mobility (and there are other examples).

The complaint about Newton revolves around the fact that he disobeyed a coach's order. Some may not have an issue with that, but for some it's a red flag. Again, a legit point of view.

The 'tank the season' thing is silly, but I'm not sure how many people legitimately think that and how many are just saying it jokingly.

As to the last one, what's really wrong with hoping that Clausen is better than what he showed last year? I'm not necessarily buying that he is, mind you, but why would finding out that the high pick we used in last year's draft wasn't a bust after all be a bad thing?

Now why would I go and put that kind of thinking and logic into my post when it's easier just to say "dey so ign-ant.."