Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4/21 Panther's Pulse w/ Marty Hurney

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Hurney on the air with John Hancock.

Yasinkas on after the break.

Writeup coming once it's all finished. Listen online at http://www.wbt.com/listen/index.aspx , or catch the podcast when it's stuck up there :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Pat pretty much summed up everything he's been writing lately. Hurney still tight lipped.

Posted

Pat sounds convinced we're taking Newton but listening to Hurney, man he gives you no indication other than the "yeah the league has changed" but then follows it up with a "tell us about how much depth there is in this class"

Posted

thx for the write-up mav...yasinkas and joseph person both seem pretty confident the pick is gonna be newton...i asked person in his chat the other day if it was more his gut feeling that newton would be the pick or if he was getting a vibe from people within the organization and he said it was both...still doesn't mean anything but i believe newton is gonna be the pick until i hear otherwise

Posted

Sounds to me like marty isnt tipping his hand at all. But if you really think about it if they can get a really good offer they will trade out but if not they are locked in at picking number 1.

Posted

Someone rep for me, I'll get you when I can for that great recap, thanks a ton!

Posted

Already got him

Posted

Does anyone know if a non-QB pick at #1 has ever been announced prior to the draft? Wondering if next week's show Hurney may give us something, since it'll be on a day from the draft (doubt he will but you never know!)

Posted

Does anyone know if a non-QB pick at #1 has ever been announced prior to the draft? Wondering if next week's show Hurney may give us something, since it'll be on a day from the draft (doubt he will but you never know!)

Texans were rumored to be on contract talks predraft with Mario Williams if I remember correctly.

Posted

jake long and mario williams

Posted

Texans were rumored to be on contract talks predraft with Mario Williams if I remember correctly.

Yes it was the night before the draft.