Photo
- - - - -

If you want Dwill to stay....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#121 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

I now hate Deangelo Williams because he wants a QB.

#122 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

Smitty and Dwill will most likely be too old before Cam starts contributing at a high level. I continue to wonder why people assume he will walk in and start. The Golden Calf of Bristol didn't and Cam sure as hell won't. If you want Newton fine, but I doubt these players are talking specifically about drafting Cam.

Yeah, why the fug couldn't The Golden Calf of Bristol unseat Orton when he threw almost as many TDs as both of our QBs threw INTS!

#123 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

So when he says what you agree with, he means it, but otherwise he's covering up. Gotcha :thumbsup:

When he said he wanted Newton, he meant it. It caused controversy, so he said he was also riding with Clausen/Moore.

But I'm sure he was being honest in both cases and just has schizophrenia or something.

#124 jarhead

jarhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:45 PM

I think what he is saying makes sense.He is lobbing one over the bow and hopes Hurney and company are listening.The challange will be getting a qb that will be ready and able for next year whenever that is

#125 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:49 PM

When he said he wanted Newton, he meant it. It caused controversy, so he said he was also riding with Clausen/Moore.

But I'm sure he was being honest in both cases and just has schizophrenia or something.

Did he actually say "I want Newton to replace the guys we have now" or did he just say "that's who I would take at number one for this reason"?

Those two statements are not equivalent. And we're going off of Omar Kelly's wording because Beason himself didn't post it.

Here's Kelly's tweet...

Jon Beason told me he'd love some D-line help, but he's riding with Cam Newton as the No. 1 pick because Newton has "that it factor."

Now that's Kelly's interpretation of what Beason said, and there's not even any context so we don't know exactly how the question was phrased or what Beason's actual response was.

This, however, is Beason himself making a direct statement:

jonbeason @OmarKelly, Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen are our qbs. I'm riding with them. The draft is a roll of the Dice.

So if I want to know what Beason thinks, should I ask him directly, or ask Omar Kelly?

#126 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 April 2011 - 02:54 PM

If I'm Jon Beason, and someone tweets something that I never said, or never phrased in that manner, I call that person out. Smitty did it with Florio.

Instead he tweets some blanketed statement about supporting Clausen/Moore, suggesting that he did in fact say that in private to Kelly, and wasn't expecting him to go public with it.

You can find subtle psychological cues in what people say. Even in written form. Beason was doing damage control.

#127 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

If I'm Jon Beason, and someone tweets something that I never said, or never phrased in that manner, I call that person out. Smitty did it with Florio.

Instead he tweets some blanketed statement about supporting Clausen/Moore, suggesting that he did in fact say that in private to Kelly, and wasn't expecting him to go public with it.

You can find subtle psychological cues in what people say. Even in written form. Beason was doing damage control.

I can look at that and credibly say he did call him out.

It's all opinion.