20 replies to this topic

#1 eViL jEsTeR

eViL jEsTeR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

http://profootballta...o-rules-no-cba/

And what if there’s no draft? “You go back to a system pre-1936 where the NFL is recruiting on college campuses,” NFL executive vice president of communications and government relations Paul Hicks said. “Every team is going to be after Cam Newton. I’m not sure that college football is ready for the NFL to begin recruiting its players.”

That would be interesting having NFL teams recruiting college players. Small market teams would have a tough time getting the superstar players.

Edited by eViL jEsTeR, 22 April 2011 - 06:30 PM.

#2 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,581 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

I really hate that they attack the draft in that suit :(

#3 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

I hate that the article refers to A.J. Feeley as a football player

#4 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

It would be trash.

There's a reason why the MLB is in the situation it's in. When you have the league divided between the "Haves and the Have-Nots", then it becomes stale and unexciting.

It would be the worst possible thing for the league.

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,584 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Won't actually happen, it's a bargaining chip.

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,581 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:03 PM

I hate that the article refers to A.J. Feeley as a football player

:lol:

#7 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:10 PM

Won't actually happen, it's a bargaining chip.

But Can't it??? If this stays in the courts and they rule that the NFL is acting as a illegal monopoly wouldn't that force each team to act as an independent entity?

If so then you can't hold a draft or anything because that would be collusion??

The longer this stays in courts, the more of a chance they can rule the future of the NFL based on law, and not common sense.

#8 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:12 PM

It would be trash.

There's a reason why the MLB is in the situation it's in. When you have the league divided between the "Haves and the Have-Nots", then it becomes stale and unexciting.

It would be the worst possible thing for the league.

yep, it's why I hate Baseball now. Use to love it when i was a kid.

#9 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

No Draft? No FA?

No religion too?

Hard to imagine..though it's easy if you try. >.>

Edited by Swordcat, 23 April 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#10 Highlandfire

Highlandfire

There can be only one.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:31 PM

http://profootballta...o-rules-no-cba/

That would be interesting having NFL teams recruiting college players. Small market teams would have a tough time getting the superstar players.

That is exactly what they want. They feel it restricts players....and it does. When anyone else comes out of college they can be recruited by any employer they want. Whereas the NFL forces the top talent to be on a shitty team for X amount of years. I love the draft and hate what the players are doing but they have a very legit and maybe legal argument to stop the draft.

Also they are going to challenge the Tags which again restricts player movement.

Bottom line every person in America should have the right to work for whomever they want and the players are restricted in that regard esp with no other league paying anywhere near what the NFL does, existing.

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,584 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

These things create parity, which keeps the league from becoming stale from having 4-5 dominant teams every year.

While the players have a case, I think they know it would ruin the league. Two of the named players turned their teams around thanks to the draft.

#12 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

Don't think for a second that a good number of owners wouldn't like this system as much as the top players also want this system.

The small market teams and the mid to low level players would be ones getting screwed. Or in other words the rich just keep getting richer.

This is the reason from the very begining I have supported the owners. This has never been about "billionairs vs millionairs". Its the millionairs vs millionairs. It's the small market teams vs the richest and highest paid players.

The NFLPA now knows that the best deal they will ever get under a CBA is the last deal. So now the only option is a NFL with no CBA. IMO that is the players end game. They no longer have any desire to have a CBA. And the mid and lower level players are realizing this too late after they gave away all of their power to DeSmith and Manning and Brady and Brees.

#13 roaddog96

roaddog96

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

The NFLPA now knows that the best deal they will ever get under a CBA is the last deal. So now the only option is a NFL with no CBA. IMO that is the players end game. They no longer have any desire to have a CBA. And the mid and lower level players are realizing this too late after they gave away all of their power to DeSmith and Manning and Brady and Brees.

The phrase "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it" comes to mind here. If this is the end result of the lawsuit, league balance will be screwed, and the NFL as we know it will over. I wonder how this would affect the legacies of those involved in the lawsuit if this were to happen?

#14 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,463 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

Peyton would get $100 million per year from Dallas to throw to Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, both making $80 mill apiece.

we would have Tony Pike throwing to Freddie Mitchell

#15 theyhateme45

theyhateme45

360 GT = Shino45

• HUDDLER
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Dallas, Pittsburgh, Washington will probably be your top teams year end and out. Jacksonville will die, but I think Carolina will sustain itself in the middle of the pack.... Lets just hope this legal thing doesn;t run it's full course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.