Posted 01 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

At least he's honest.

#197 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Just went back and saw the game vs USC and he had a great game. Also the guy had a 18 catch game 217 yds 2TD games vs LTech..

Oh and one stat I love... He did not have a single fumble at Hawaii. As a RB and Slot WR that is a nice little stat with over 3200 yds and 30 TDs.

#198 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Kealoha Pilares! I love this pick and this kid is for real. His skill set reminds me a lot of Ricky Proehl actually. Everyone says he isn't fast but he is, both on the track and on the field. His speed is so deceptive. He is also said to not have a 2nd gear, something that was said of Proehl as well and true.

#199 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

I absolutely love this pick. This kid can be elite and his work shows it. I like how he played DB to be on the other side of the equation and I like how he played running back and now has excelled in major ways at WR. This kid's got some talent.

Newton
DeAngelo Williams / Jonathan Stewart / Mike Goodson
David Gettis / Brandon LaFell / Kealoha Pilares
Jeremy Shockey / Gary Barnidge

And we got some much needed help/competition at OG...our offense is healing fairly well

#200 Ohio

Ohio

The Wizzard of Wisdom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

right. because we all should believe your expertise knows for a fact Edwards will never amount to anything because he "isn't a real WR".. I find it ironic you say this in the light that this WR was converted from RB two years prior, while Edwards was just converted..

very thought out!

Are you an idiot? The guy played WR during his college career and put up great stats. Tell me, before this year, when did Armanti play WR? Armanti isn't a real WR, he NEVER saw the damn field last year. Keep holding you're breath that he'll ammount to something, you're face is blue already.

#201 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

Pilares is Steve Smith's replacement, bank on it! I am now much more comfortable in trading Smitty to the Texans (I hope we trade him there).

I've heard that Smitty would like to play for the Texans too. But, I don't really think they would be willing to give anything for a player they don't really need.

#202 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:57 PM

Are you an idiot? The guy played WR during his college career and put up great stats. Tell me, before this year, when did Armanti play WR? Armanti isn't a real WR, he NEVER saw the damn field last year. Keep holding you're breath that he'll ammount to something, you're face is blue already.

Do you realize the irony in what you are saying with a sig line like that.

#203 Verge

Verge

Huddle Captain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

Do you realize the irony in what you are saying with a sig line like that.

Ohio is probably the smartest football guy on this forum.

#204 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

Ohio is probably the smartest football guy on this forum.

I typically agree with you. But bashing one Panther while telling people to get on board with another Panther or get the F out of the way is a bit ironic.
Especially when they are both recently acquired, unproven players that are considered projects by nearly every professional involved with the NFL.

#205 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

I typically agree with you. But bashing one Panther while telling people to get on board with another Panther or get the F out of the way is a bit ironic.
Especially when they are both recently acquired, unproven players that are considered projects by nearly every professional involved with the NFL.

Scary (if he is the smartest). He misspelled "amount"--I encountered the same thing. Someone who hated Cam now likes him and hates Jimmy. But tells me to find another team if I question Cam's mindset right now. Said he is a Panther and we support all panthers or we are not fans, but Jimmy sucks and is gay. A dizzying intellect.

#206 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

This guy does have a lot of attributes similar to Smitty, but many are already crowning him the next #89. I am excited seeing his highlights, and hope he gets to see the field next year. That being said, i'd love for him to play with Smitty instead of being his replacement. I seem to be one of the few huddlers that has not lost hope that #89 will be ours for the remainder of his career!

#207 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:02 AM

This guy does have a lot of attributes similar to Smitty, but many are already crowning him the next #89.

Panthers fans have a habit of doing this almost every year.

#208 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:23 AM

Panthers fans have a habit of doing this almost every year.

Same people crowned Armanti last year...

#209 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

I just don't know how the heck you draft Pilares, while Jerry Jones is laughing all the way to the bank because he got the STEAL of the draft at WR. SMH...

#210 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,367 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

I just don't know how the heck you draft Pilares, while Jerry Jones is laughing all the way to the bank because he got the STEAL of the draft at WR. SMH...

Just look at the kids stats, flim and pro day numbers. His drills where some of the best in the draft only 3 months off a pcl sprain.... :eek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com