258 replies to this topic

#106 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

If anything hope they both show something so that Clausen can up his trade value. Not surprised by it but the only reason people still are still doubting Newton/hoping he fails is because they don't want to be wrong about him.

We both cheer for the same team... don't forget that.

#107 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

You have no idea how Newton will translate in the NFL. I am just very skeptical of the type of player he is. Pocket passers are the way to go in terms of winning. Jimmy is obviously the pocket passer between our two guys. If Cam does in fact beat Clausen out fairly, then I'll accept that. However, I won't accept it if Cam is thrown in there because of pressure from fans and our front office.

:jc:

you have no idea how clausen will translate into the NFL. so far he has shown that he is in over his head and that the players don't respond to him or respect him as a leader.

newton was drafted because clausen did nothing to show that he is capable of being a franchise QB.

#108 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,539 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

you have no idea how clausen will translate into the NFL. so far he has shown that he is in over his head and that the players don't respond to him or respect him as a leader.

newton was drafted because clausen did nothing to show that he is capable of being a franchise QB.

This is a good point. If Clausen could have won 2 or 3 more decent games against bad opponents the front office might have stuck with him. Had no choice really...

#109 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

clausen has shown that he can be a graceful loser.

troubles me that he has never shown he can be a winner.

i'd rather have a guy who has proven himself to be a winner over some guy that has shown himself to be comfortable losing.

#110 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

First of all, it is very tough for any kind of rookie to have respect from the players. Second of all, you have to forget about last season completely. It is not what Jimmy is capable of because the entire team was a mess and it was reflected by bad quarterback play.

Critique him by the throws he made and don't be overly concerned with the numbers. The mistakes he made were part of the learning curve that most quarterbacks must make. Playing quarterback is all about experience and if Jimmy's in-game experience is cut short, he will never develop. It's not just Jimmy for that matter, any quarterback without game experience won't be good at all.

#111 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

how the fook do you insert a video here?

Edited by Hairless Cat, 04 May 2011 - 12:05 PM.

#112 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:48 AM

We both cheer for the same team... don't forget that.

I hope Clausen shows something better for our team with QB competition+trade value rather than him just getting cut, being a wasted 2nd round pick.

#113 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

you are measured not just by successes, but by how you perform in or even just grow in hard times. you can't dismiss his performance or lack of growth last year.

as far as rookies gaining respect from other players...the ones who are worthy of it, get it. doesn't matter if they are rookies or not.

all you have done is made excuses for him.

#114 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:54 AM

how the fook do you insert a video here?

[yt ](without the space) then add everything after the '=' sign in the youtube addy then close with [/yt]

[yt ] jp_jEryyND8 [/yt]

#115 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

jp_jEryyND8 ">jp_jEryyND8 " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

what?

#116 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,889 posts

you are measured not just by successes, but by how you perform in or even just grow in hard times. you can't dismiss his performance or lack of growth last year.

as far as rookies gaining respect from other players...the ones who are worthy of it, get it. doesn't matter if they are rookies or not.

all you have done is made excuses for him.

word

#117 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

I hope Clausen shows something better for our team with QB competition+trade value rather than him just getting cut, being a wasted 2nd round pick.

I don't understand why everyone is so caught up on getting some trade value for Clausen. I also don't remember people complaining about the other horrible picks we made that didn't work out like Jarrett and Everette Brown.

Big deal if we don't get a draft pick for Clausen... quite frankly, I want him to be on this team for a very long time.

#118 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

jp_jEryyND8 ">jp_jEryyND8 " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

what?

look again.

i copied it with the hyperlink by mistake.

#119 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:58 AM

I don't understand why everyone is so caught up on getting some trade value for Clausen. I also don't remember people complaining about the other horrible picks we made that didn't work out like Jarrett and Everette Brown.

Big deal if we don't get a draft pick for Clausen... quite frankly, I want him to be on this team for a very long time.

thats sweet.

not sure why you'd want him around. seems if you like him, you'd want him to be somewhere that he actually has a chance to be a starting QB. that isn't going to happen here. newton is the man going forward. get used to it.

#120 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:00 PM

fugin hilarious vid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.