Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got Some More Info Tonight

66 posts in this topic

Posted

Should I step back from that ledge my friend?

You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in.

Posted

I have to say, now that the draft is over, and we can look forward to this season... I'm super excited. Way more than I thought I would be.

Me too. And there are good reasons for that:

1) We have much better personnel than a typical 2-14 team

2) If we can sign DWill and convince Smith to recommit to the team, our offense is potentially loaded with playmakers

3) Add Cofield and a decent CB, throw in the Rivera effect, and we are really going to like what we have on defense

4) We are young. If this group can blossom, we are going to be good for a long time

5) Strange as it sounds, the way Clausen has responded to the Cam drafting tells me he is going to stay positive, and that will lead to excellent competition, making both better players in the long run

6) Let Schwartz and Ziemba battle it out for the right guard spot, and our O-line is really solid

If I had to look for an area of concern, it might be whether or not Hardy is ready to take the next step. And that is not a major concern, as I think he is.

We may still go 5-11 or 6 -10, but we are set up really nice for the future.

1 person likes this

Posted

You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in.

and if you do not want to see me again, I would understaaaaaaaaaaaaand. I would under staaaaaaaaaaaand.

1 person likes this

Posted

I approve of everything in that info, I doubt we have the money/reason for ASO to come here, so hopefully we can keep Marshall for another 2-3 years

Posted

And please do not get me wrong, Newton will not be forced to start. If he comes out and is clearly inexperienced and just looks lost out there they will not throw him out there.

Bad thing about that is if he's not ready, we're f**ked. If we have to rely on Moore, Clausen, Collins, or Sorgi, we're not going to be much offensively again.

Posted

I hate Marshall, I think he is the main reason Godfrey looks so bad because he is trying to compensate or make up for Marshall. He is a good tackler and thats all, it is time for him to go.

I do not think we will be super bowl contenders next year and will have a high pick to get a number 1 receiver to replace Smith. I like Gettis and LaFell but do not think either is a number 1. Then you hope that Barnidge and Rosario continue to develop and this offense is dangerous.

I also think we are one playmaker away on defense, defensive line actually away from being a great D. We are on our way.

Posted

Bad thing about that is if he's not ready, we're f**ked. If we have to rely on Moore, Clausen, Collins, or Sorgi, we're not going to be much offensively again.

That's definitely NOT true! Different coaching staff, different football philosophy, different team.

Posted

same bad qbs

Posted

thank you

Posted

So we are going to throw a boat load of players at RG again? I am concerned about the T spots. Who is behind Gross? Otah (if not Ziemba or Schwartz)?

About Marshall--he could be better in this system, but I hated him too.

Is there any plan to look at Pugh at CB?

Posted

Your respect meter is going back up nj. As long as you dont call me your bro things are good. ;)

Posted

Great Info NJ,...I think Coach Ron at least gives us hope for the future, and the promise of being competitive this year (IMHO 7-9 0r 8-8). No, Cam may not be squeaky clean, or a rocket surgeon, but then again Big Ben up in Pitt. is not exactly mensa material or qualifies for sainthood. With proper coaching ( which I'm sure Cam will have) I expect, fun exciting times ahead!:)