Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tutto

Cam's Jersey Number

54 posts in this topic

Strong username to Cam jock riding ratio.....Get out and take your fail with you.

Go follow soccer numb nuts.

Seriously? What has Clausen done to still be that cocky?

Jimmy should actually be humble and hope he isn't traded by seasons end

He's not a rookie...

Could you imagine the hell he would get from the outsiders looking in and our very own locker room if a Rookie (no matter his status) takes his spot AND # he would never live that down. Clausen might be a bust or career backup but damn as a man with pride I can respect seeing someone show pride rather than bow out.

I wish you were never born or joined here... Ugh

You are not a Carolina Panther fan, you're a Cam Newton fan. Please leave.

I was there in 97 when we beat the cowboys and you were a stain on your moms pantyhose, so have a glass of stfu, lad.

Newton needs to earn the number. If I was Clausen I would tell Cam that if he took the job this season I would be happy to give him the number. But I wouldnt just give it to him or sale it to him.

My guess is this will be figured out this week.

Jerry wants to start making some money off his jersey sales.

If what we read about Cam is true then his Jersey number will be a non-factor and he will take whatever number is there and work his azz off at making that number legendary!

1 person likes this

No way Rhys Lloyd gives up #8. He's a legend.

no way Rivera keeps 2 kickers, especially with the kickoffs being moved closer, lol, legend or no legend, he is gone

no way Rivera keeps 2 kickers, especially with the kickoffs being moved closer, lol, legend or no legend, he is gone

Yeah I was being sarcastic. I agree, no way we keep 2 kickers this season.

Why would Claussen want or need to keep 2? I mean really.

He wore 7 in college when he could play. And he wore 2

Last year when he looked like he couldn't play the game. just give newton his #. Seems like Claussen is hanging onto the number holding Cam hostage because that's all he has got "I can't play as good as you so I'll hang onto your number like a spoiled brat and no one can take it away from me." just cut Claussen now

1 person likes this

If cam is the leader he wants to be then he won't be the spoiled brat that can only play when wearing number 2

I say let Jimmy Clausen keep the #2 jersey. I want Cam to talk to Panthers receiver David Gettis about getting his #12 jersey. Cam should wear the classic #12 like famous QBs in NFL history have. David Gettis should be wearing a classic wide receiver number like #85 which is supposedly available.

I also want Cam to switch to #12 so that people don't compare him to JaMarcus Russell who wore #2. The Cam and JaMarcus comparisons are ridiculous but you never know what idiots on the internet might say ... cuz Cam and JaMarcus were both drafted #1 overall, wear the #2 jersey, they're both black QBs and big guys, etc.

After Cam wears #12 for a year, people will forget he wore #2 at Auburn anyway.

Cam needs to say, "Give me 19! One for each game Im gonna win in my rookie year!"