Photo
- - - - -

Rivera On 99.9 the Fan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

#41 CarolinaKat

CarolinaKat

Football Jesus

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

I have to say I liked everything Rivera said about using Newton. I'm glad that aren't trying to create Vick 2.0, Newton doesn't even fit that mold. He doesnt seem scared in the pocket, unlike the useless Jimmy Clausen. Claw Daddy seemed to run for his life on ever other passing pay. The ones were he didn't fumble the snap or just get sacked 2 seconds after the ball was hiked.

#42 goodsense83

goodsense83

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:52 PM

Ron Rivera is WRONG! Cam "Fake" Newton is a One-Read and Run QB. He has accuracy issues and is too stupid to understand complex plays! He needs to GTFO of the Panther's organization

-Signed

Anti-Cam Newton Club

:rolleyes:

Dont forget that he's a Criminal and a Thug! And an arrogant Black!

Co-signed

The Not really racists but just pointing out his character flaws smokescreen CLUB
:out:

#43 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

Dont forget that he's a Criminal and a Thug! And an arrogant Black!

Co-signed

The Not really racists but just pointing out his character flaws smokescreen CLUB
:out:

and who exactly are you referring to?

#44 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the recap, I was like this :jc: but now I'm like this :cam:

#45 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:30 PM

Thanks for the recap, I was like this :jc: but now I'm like this :cam:

Best use of the new smilies thus far!

#46 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:30 PM

I didn't get a chance to listen to it either.. so now I missed both references. ;)

I don't doubt it might have sounded like that in the presser, I'll take your word for it. I just hope it's not true. I don't see the benefit when compared to the risk, IMO..

I mean, a couple times is fine.. to me, more than 5 is getting carried away...

The bare bones of it was they talked about situations where you get Cam out on the edge in pass run options. With Stewart or D-Will and Steve Smith on the team this could be absolutely lethal.

He said it wouldn't be him running up the middle like he did in college except on 3rd and short situations and goal line situations.

#47 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

The bare bones of it was they talked about situations where you get Cam out on the edge in pass run options. With Stewart or D-Will and Steve Smith on the team this could be absolutely lethal.

He said it wouldn't be him running up the middle like he did in college except on 3rd and short situations and goal line situations.

a lot different perspective than I was thinking.. I'm curious as to what exactly they were talking about though. a type of option play? rollouts were expected, and simply take advantage of his athleticism.. that is fully expected and would be stupid not to implement, especially early on.. hardly a running play though.

as Rivera stated, keep him away from taking hits..

#48 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

I have to say I liked everything Rivera said about using Newton. I'm glad that aren't trying to create Vick 2.0, Newton doesn't even fit that mold. He doesnt seem scared in the pocket, unlike the useless Jimmy Clausen. Claw Daddy seemed to run for his life on ever other passing pay. The ones were he didn't fumble the snap or just get sacked 2 seconds after the ball was hiked.

Well, "Claw Daddy" as you referreed to him was getting the poo pounded out of him in the pocket. Our OLine was injured and terrible last year.

If you put Cam in that sam situation, he will also take a beating.

Solid OLine play is CRITICAL to any level of success this season.

#49 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

Well, "Claw Daddy" as you referreed to him was getting the poo pounded out of him in the pocket. Our OLine was injured and terrible last year.

If you put Cam in that sam situation, he will also take a beating.

Solid OLine play is CRITICAL to any level of success this season.

nonsense.. Clausen ez teh wurzt!