Photo
- - - - -

1 decision away from a lost season...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

#91 MrBubba

MrBubba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

They did, but that can go away at any time if the circuit court decides.

It seems more and more that the court won't rule on a permanent stay and just keep the temp stay in place till the expedited hearing on the Nelson decision.

I hope that if the Players feel they might lose this round, and the owners lost the last round; perhaps they will get together and actually try some serious negotiations.

#92 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

Federal court is not tax dollars? If you want to save money then the owners make since seeing how they are saying this is a union matter not a federal one.

Blame D.Smith for wasting your tax dollars and your season.

owners fault we're in this mess in the first place. smith isn't helping, though.

still....better federal court than congressional hearings. i don't approve of any of it being used, though.

#93 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

owners fault we're in this mess in the first place. smith isn't helping, though.

still....better federal court than congressional hearings. i don't approve of any of it being used, though.

Would have happened either way. Just came sooner rather than later.

Well unless you expected the union to give up more money when the CBA expired a few years from now.

#94 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

owners are trying to make up for caving and getting themselves screwed last time. it would be their fault whenever it happened.

#95 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

If this thing is finally settled late in the summer, say mid July....I wonder if the league will allow longer camps as to allow teams a few more days to develope cohesion. I think this would really benefit our fans: more days to travel to Wofford to increase the Cam frenzy.;)

#96 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

You dudes know Luck doesn't give a poo how often you shoot off to his highlights right?

A real man doesn't continue to pine for a woman who rejected him when there's an equally attractive, potentially even hotter woman who's d2f right now.

#97 err456

err456

err456

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:03 PM

I think Obama/congress is going to have to step in and kick both sides in the ass to get a deal done.

He could send in the seal team.

#98 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

The hearing is June 3, a decision will come a month to a month and a half after. That's July. You don't think the players will holdout 2 more months? I think they will.

When was the last lockout when games were not missed? Clue: there isn't one.

The NFL has to file their brief by May 9th, The players file their response by May 20th, the owners can file file their response to the player's response by the 26th.

Meanwhile court ordered mediation is set to resume on May 16th. Seems to me that once the lockout appeal gets decided, the losing side will capitulate and the agreement will be done by the end of June which is still in time to get in OTAs and training camp.

How many lockouts have there been in the last 40 years?? Clue: there hasn't been one. The last lockout was in 1968. The last strike was in 1987 but they used replacement players and a number of vets were allowed to cross the picket lines. Since the union recertified in 1993 after the settlement which established free agency, there has not been a lockout.

No reason to believe this will drag out into the regular season especially since everyone is making tons of money.