Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

Rice?

Sterling Sharpe?

You must be referring to Troy Williamson. He was drafted without doing much as USC-drafted on his measurables.

Not many schools can say they have a bunch of WRs in the NFL who succeeded. Jerry Rice, TO, Randy Moss, and very underrated Donald Driver might be the best in the last 20 years.

Mississippi Valley State
UT Chatanooga
Marshall
Alcorn State

Aside from Miami, I can not think of a school known for producing top WRs consistently.

you forgot about fitzgerald and you forgot to put your homer glasses on and say smitty.

#17 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:19 AM

No, you're talking about South Carolina, there is only one USC...

Yes...only one USC...the University of South Carolina. You know, the one founded in 1801...before California was even a state....

Rice?

Sterling Sharpe?

You must be referring to Troy Williamson. He was drafted without doing much as USC-drafted on his measurables.

Kenny McKinley would have been a real good one too out in Denver. He was on the same path as Sidney- not getting much of a chance but in every practice and his limited time was showing out. RIP KMac.

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:45 AM

Yes...only one USC...the University of South Carolina. You know, the one founded in 1801...before California was even a state....

Meh, 7 National Championships across all team sports compared to 114 for Southern Cal....11 in football compared to 0 for South Carolina...yea I think Southern Cal is the only USC....

#19 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

Boykin is going to be a great NFL WR.

#20 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:21 PM

you forgot about fitzgerald and you forgot to put your homer glasses on and say smitty.

Yeah, Pittsburgh and Utah. Aside from Miami, I cannot think of a school that has a ton of successes without as many busts.

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,796 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:09 AM

Boykin is going to be a great NFL WR.

Who is that?

#22 Kuech Da Sneak

Kuech Da Sneak

As long as we aren't 32.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:48 AM

Meh, 7 National Championships across all team sports compared to 114 for Southern Cal....11 in football compared to 0 for South Carolina...yea I think Southern Cal is the only USC....

Your homerism is showing. They're both USC.

#23 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

Sorry... but USC wideout = HUGE BUST!!!

yeah because Sidney Rice was a huge bust. sorry, but just because a player went to a school doesnt mean he's a bust. i THINK you say USC meaning Southern Cal, BUT Steve Smith (the Giants one) is doing pretty well in the NFL and isnt busting, just because Jarrett (surprise bust) and Colbert busted or didnt play well doesnt mean it happens for all, BUT Alshon Jeffery is a USC Gamecock, not a USC Trojan and there are less busts at WR for South Carolina. Williamson is one, BUT he was taken too high to begin with.

Dez Bryant

he's a good player and could be great, but i like Justin Blackmon just as much and also hasnt had the diva label put on him yet.

No, you're talking about South Carolina, there is only one USC...

there are two USCs. South Carolina and Southern California. i just call them USC Gamecocks and USC Trojans. Anyways, getting the teams confused ok, getting the players confused is odd. most football fans KNOW who Jeffery is and know he doesnt play for the Trojans. the Trojans top reciever is younger and his name is Robert Woods, he's got a ton of potential and Jeffery does too, he's the top reciever for the Gamecocks and has played like a future NFL star.

#24 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,074 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

Rather have Dre Kirkpatrick than any WR i the first round, take a WR in the second if we need one.

#25 MWCarolina

MWCarolina

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:07 PM

Rather have Dre Kirkpatrick than any WR i the first round, take a WR in the second if we need one.

if they dont have Steve Smith next year and only have what they have now at WR and dont sign any free agents in this year or next year as the number one WR than in my view, WR is the biggest need. Kirkpatrick would be a good pickup, but LaFell and Gettis have not shown me that they are number one recievers.

#26 Chadhite89

Chadhite89

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

Boykin is that wr with the massive hands out of VT he wears 4xl gloves they talk about them all the time...Hes from Charlotte actually, graduated from Butler High school..he's a phenomenal wideout and should be a top wr selected In this years draft. Hes physical runs hard great set of hands and is becoming VT all time wr leader..easily 2nd round wr w/o a doubt IMO better than fuller and floyd

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,706 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Sidney Rice has topped 400 yards only one time in his 4 yr career thus far......I wouldn't call him a bust but I wouldn't call him a success yet either.

Edited by CRA, 27 May 2011 - 12:21 PM.

#28 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,706 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

also there aren't two USCs. There is USC (as in Southern Cal)....and that is it. Nobody outside the Carolina's refers to South Carolina as "USC". Silly Gamecock fans.

#29 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

Matt Kalil or Alshon Jeffery are the two guys I'm really looking at. Kalil seems to be option 1, while Jeffery is option 2 if none of our Receivers to continue to develop this year-which I think they will.

#30 Paintballr

Paintballr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

I'm going to expect Boykin's stats to go down this year since Tyrod went Pro, but I think he will do great in the Pro's defiantly a player I'll root for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com