Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Need An MLB Team

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Weren't the Marlins going to relocate to charlotte? IF they do that's when I'll become a fan of MLB

Posted · Report post

Weren't the Marlins going to relocate to charlotte? IF they do that's when I'll become a fan of MLB

dont know if they were, but they def aren't now.

Posted · Report post

I remember seeing a thing on first and 10 a few years back about the MLB moving to Charlotte. I think it was the Marlins and some other team that wanted to move there.

Posted · Report post

I remember seeing a thing on first and 10 a few years back about the MLB moving to Charlotte. I think it was the Marlins and some other team that wanted to move there.

they are moving into a new stadium next year so...

Posted · Report post

You are right.....first there was talk of the Montreal Expos coming here which are now the Washington Nationals then there was some talk of the Marlins coming here but I don't think it was ever serious. As much as I would like to see it, Charlotte can't support a pro MLB team right now.

Posted · Report post

Don't forget the Minnesota Twins' bid to come to Charlotte too, although I think that was just a bluff to get Minnesota to spend some money on a new stadium (which they finally got).

Posted · Report post

Sucks. I remember getting all excited because all the people on ESPN were saying it was a real possibility and Charlotte is the #1 place the MLB wants to put a team. Guess I won't be caring about baseball for a while then.

Posted · Report post

I've always liked about 3 or 4 teams .. Giants always being the fav due to barry bonds .. Though you can't go wrong with the Cardinals , Cubs , and Twins.

Posted · Report post

Lot of times if you don't live in a MLB city, it may depend on your age when you started watching.

I always loved playing baseball growing up. It was the thing to do. I remember watching the Series as far back as the 76 one. But not till 80 did I latch on to a team. The Cards.

I have been a loyal fan of them since 1980.

Posted · Report post

Braves ftw, love going down to Atlanta to see games

Posted · Report post

I would be in heaven if we got a baseball team, I would go all the time. Do you guys think there would ever be a chance? Put a 35,000 seat stadium in downtown of the QC and I think we could support them.

Posted · Report post

I heard high school baseball is very big back there so why don't you guys think you could support a pro team?