Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pathetic nascar

38 posts in this topic

Posted

Since when is it wrong to root for the guy to do well because he's the local kid and because of what happened to his father?

Posted

So basically what it boils down to is, Dale Jr. sucks, therefore he isn't a star (he is), and doesn't deserve the superstar treatment. got it.

Posted

Btw, I acknowledge that the entire superstar treatment is in a sense unethical. This is only for the sake of the argument.

Posted

it wouldnt of mattered, he would have finished even worse if the flag came out

Posted

it wouldnt of mattered, he would have finished even worse if the flag came out

That's kindof the point.

Posted

honestly, I liked the non call...I think there are too many pussy caution flags and this showed that there wasn't a need...track was clear by the time the leaders came around.

Posted

honestly, I liked the non call...I think there are too many pussy caution flags and this showed that there wasn't a need...track was clear by the time the leaders came around.

Regardless, it wasn't consistent with the way NASCAR had been issuing caution flags the rest of the night.

Posted

true dat

Posted

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

Posted

What gets me is that NASCAR doesn't realize half of its fan base sees what they're doing when they pull stuff like that.

Posted

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

that would have been the same as taking out a front page article stating, "we engineered Jr's win"

The bumping was on the first of two laps and caution should have been thrown then, waiting a full lap later after the white flag would have stunk to high heaven.

By the way, Nascar rules aren't that hard to grasp.

Posted

What gets me is that NASCAR doesn't realize half of its fan base sees what they're doing when they pull stuff like that.

The fan base will still watch. They lose very few viewers by pulling all these strings for the chosen one.

I admit that it chased me away from the sport several years ago to the point that I just watch an occasional race here and there. But the number of Dale Jr jock sniffers far outweigh the numbers that give up on NASCAR because of the preferential treatment to Jr.