Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Squirrels

41 posts in this topic

Posted

chewbacca-on-a-giant-squirrel-fighting-nazis-1866-1280266282-39.jpg

Posted

I don't care about people, much less squirrels.

Joking. I don't like hitting them, but it has happened.

Posted

for real, I would consider a pet squirrel the size of a dog.. and I have no interest in having pet squirrels..

1 person likes this

Posted

There was kitten yesterday in the parking lot of walmart. It must have fell out of a car. Three of us tried to get it, but it kept running from us. It was screaming the entire time. I think I cried all the way home.

A baby dear got hit right by our house. A little bitty baby. I kept thinking wtf was the mom thinking bringing it so close the road? I thought the babies stayed hidden.

The worse was Chris accidently stepped on a baby kitten a few weeks ago. It broke it's neck. Chris just hit his knees and started crying while I went batpoo crazy. The kitten followed him into the laundry room and Chris had an arm load of clothes. He didn't even see the kitten.

1) There is a family of cats that live in our local food lion's parking lot. People feed and water them. It soo funny when someone new comes along and tries to catch one.

I killed one of my daughters kittens once. Didn't mean too it had fallen asleep in the dryer and i didn't look inside. I just thru some clothes in and turned it on. Later on my kid went to fold the clothes when she found him, all cooked and stinky. I felt bad. Had to throw away the clothes and buy a new dryer (the smell). I sold the old dryer for 50 bucks to a buddy.....

Never told him about the cat.

Posted

Posted

We use to make puppets out of skinned squirrels when we were kids.

Born in the sticks my bro and i hunted and ate them.

Posted

Since this thread was started I have shot 10 squirrels. My goal is to single-handedly decimate the population around here.

I think I play COD too much bc I can track these things and shoot them in mid air.

1 person likes this

Posted

I used to live in a Northern California college town that is infested with squirrels. Squirrels as big as small dogs that will steal food from your tables and play chicken with people on bikes. It wasn't uncommon to see roving packs of 5-10 squirrels on the bike trails. Quite different from anything I'd previously or since seen.

this is my nightmare

Posted

the part about living in Northern California?

ya, I hear there are lots of queers there...and from there

Posted

the part about living in Northern California?

ya, I hear there are lots of queers there...and from there

<--------lived in Southern and Central Cali.

We shoot squirrels all the time. They are just rats with nicer coats. It is a family thing like a picnic with lotsa ammo.

Been a hunter of all things most of my life and it was good practice killing varmints for practice.

Actually, they are a nuisance out here for cattle farmers. The ground squirrels burrows will break a cows ankle or leg. For years, a couple of local cattle men would let the kids and I take out the threat.

We used .22's, .22 mag and a .17 HMR. The best times were when we would break out the .270 and the .45/70 Government Marlin. Hoo boy, the splat and pop was worth the price of that cartridge.

Since the older ones growed up, I have to wait for my new batch to get big enough to shoot and then it's back on.

1 person likes this

Posted

srsly, a fuggin squirrel?

just do what I do in the future, try your best to run them over, I have yet to hit one

Posted

squirrels are just rats with fluffier tails. i've ran over my fair share as well as turtles.

and what about birds? they are some dare devils aren't they? flying out in front of me at the last possible moment! they deserve what they get for being so stupid. i even hit one on my last bike. took quite a bit of polish to get that splatter off the headlight lemme tell ya!