Photo
- - - - -

Miami Police Discharge 100 rounds into Car, then threaten witnesses at gunpoint.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

Original report:

Twenty-two-year-old Raymond Herisse has been identified as the man shot and killed by police during an early morning Memorial Day weekend incident in the streets of Miami Beach, according to CBS4's Jim DeFede. Herisse had a long criminal history and had been arrested numerous times before in Palm Beach and Broward counties, although none of the incidents involved violence. Twelve police officers have been put on administrative leave for discharging their weapons, and more than 100 shots were fired at Herisse. The Miami Herald confirms that no weapon was found in the car or on Herisse. Updated.

Police say the incident started when Herisse tried to hit several police officers with his car.

"From the initial stop, there was an attempt to strike an officer with his vehicle and there was an attempt later on on Collins Avenue to strike two other officers that I'm aware off, at approximately 15th and Collins, and there was an attempt to strike two officers on bicycles somewhere down the 1300 block of Collins Avenue," Miami Beach Police Chief Carlos Noriega tells DeFede. "So to the best of my knowledge at this point, a total of five officers were almost struck by this individual."

In response, 12 different police officers fired more than 100 shots into Herisse's car. Eight Miami Beach and four Hialeah officers were involved in the incident. All have been put on administrative leave, as is normal policy.

Police are not confirming whether or not the four innocent bystanders were shot by police gunfire.

http://blogs.miamine...d_as_man_sh.php

So this unmoving vehicle required 100 rounds which apparently injured 4 random bystanders.

Three days later they claimed they found a gun, in some remote place in the vehicle, stating such as the reason that they didn't find it earlier. That sounds logical....

Miami Beach Police say they have found a gun in the blue Hyundai that Raymond Herisse was driving when he was shot and killed by cops early Monday morning during Urban Beach Week.

According to police Chief Carlos Noriega, officers discovered a black Beretta 92-F semiautomatic pistol hidden somewhere in Herisse's car while they were processing the bullet-ridden vehicle Wednesday evening.

Noriega called the discovery "great news," according to the Miami Herald. But a hell of a lot of questions remain regarding what happened that night.

"Everything is panning out the way we believe it happened," Noriega said. "We were told he was seen with a firearm and, sure enough, there was a firearm in the car."

http://blogs.miamine..._a_gun_in_h.php

And now this guys phone video emerges that he said he managed to save by hiding his phone memory card in his mouth before Officers seized the phone and smashed it on the ground. At around the 1:22 mark you can start to hear the cops shouting for his phone, then when he gets into his car bicycle police pull up to his window with guns pointing at them.

Their official explanation states that he matched a discription of an escaped suspect. Riiiiiight.

The Miami Beach police department, under fire for its handling of a fatal Memorial Day shooting, acknowledged seizing cellphones from witnesses after the gunfire.

But city officials refuted the allegations of one witness who claimed police held him at gunpoint and tried to destroy his cell phone footage of the slaying.

Narces Benoit, 35, claimed he was handcuffed and held at gunpoint by officers who then stomped on his cellphone - apparently to ruin his recording of the police shooting of Raymond Herisse.

Herisse was killed and four others injured in the 4 a.m. shooting. Authorities said the killing occurred after Herisse sped away in his Hyundai following a scuffle with police.

Miami Beach authorities issued a Tuesday night statement giving their version of what happened after cops shot and killed Herisse.

According to the statement, Benoit was stopped by police because he matched the description of a man seen fleeing the shooting scene. Benoit also ignored police orders to stop, the statement said.

Read more: http://www.nydailyne...l#ixzz1Op4C33AF

http://www.nydailyne...sho.html?r=news

#2 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

Yet nobody wants to care or do anything about these things.. just another day asleep in america.

#3 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:27 PM

Floppin in the wrong forum, AGAIN!

#4 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

What are you talking about Jimmy?

#5 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

Man tries to run over five police officers and gets shot at 100 times. 100 times seems like a lot, then again, when you have 12 officers unloading their clip trying to stop a man in a moving vehicle, that poo can probably happen.

What's the problem?

Edited by PanthersFanNY, 10 June 2011 - 05:50 AM.

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

The vehicle wasn't moving, and what proof do you have that he actually tried to run over any officers? There are witness accounts that say that he didn't.

Regardless, he wasn't moving when they unloaded, injuring 4 bystanders.

#7 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:11 AM

I've never understood the mentality that the police are the bad guys.

#8 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

My guess is a lot of people acted like a dick to a cop, who in turn gave their ass a ticket. They have been butt-hurt ever since.

Alternatively some people do have problems with authority figures regardless of who it is. Cops are the most visible type of authority figure we see on a daily basis, so there's that I guess.

#9 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

100 shots fired in Miami....probably only hit once in the last 5 minutes.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

My only friends in the area where I live are cops, it's the only people I hang out with these days really. I don't hate cops, quite the contrary, I just point out the shady things that cops around the country do.

#11 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

The vehicle wasn't moving, and what proof do you have that he actually tried to run over any officers? There are witness accounts that say that he didn't.

Regardless, he wasn't moving when they unloaded, injuring 4 bystanders.

What proof do you have that he didn't? Police officers said he did, that's good enough for me and our justice system. Did they get all 12 officers from two different police stations to lie about it? It sounds like the guy was a scumbag so would you put it past him? Who cares if he wasn't moving at the time, attempted murder is attempted murder, and who is to say he wouldn't step on the gas when they got close enough to arrest him? It would have been worse if he had run over an innocent bystander or two if the officers failed to stop him, wouldn't it?

#12 Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

It takes a certain type of personality/desire to become a cop... Most of the time it is a power grab from people that were bullied as kids, or people who don't get listened to otherwise...

ALL of them I have ever come into contact with, to some extent, think they are the poo and that everything they say/do is correct...

My wife echoes this sentiment for the most part, and she is around cops every day of the work week...

#13 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:28 AM

Original report:

Their official explanation states that he matched a discription of an escaped suspect. Riiiiiight.

http://www.nydailyne...sho.html?r=news

For the stupid:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.