Photo
- - - - -

The Wide out that should come to Carolina.Who's with me?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#25 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:08 AM

Makes a lot of sense but he's a biiiiiiiiiiitch

he is.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:38 AM

I just think that more than three is too much.

Yes depth is great, but someone will be seeing a lot of pine time.

I just would like to see LaFell and Gettis really stand out.

I just fear that it would be hard to do behind Edwards of Holmes etc..

the bolded is the problem.

people don't want more talented people brought in because they like gettis and lafell.

so given the choice of improving the receiving corps or giving gettis and lafell...the choice is going to be hoping that lafell and gettis can actually amount to something.

loyalty of players over winning.

btw...not singling you out...just the idea. i think it's harmful for a team wanting to win.

we need another big receiver brought in whether smith stays or not. if smith leaves, then we need 2 big receivers brought in.

we have the money to do it. all thats needed is a desire to be the best team possible and doing what it takes to accomplish that.

#27 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:49 AM

^^^ thats why in madden i draft a wr every year.

#28 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

the bolded is the problem.

people don't want more talented people brought in because they like gettis and lafell.

so given the choice of improving the receiving corps or giving gettis and lafell...the choice is going to be hoping that lafell and gettis can actually amount to something.

loyalty of players over winning.

btw...not singling you out...just the idea. i think it's harmful for a team wanting to win.

we need another big receiver brought in whether smith stays or not. if smith leaves, then we need 2 big receivers brought in.

we have the money to do it. all thats needed is a desire to be the best team possible and doing what it takes to accomplish that.

:cheers2:

#29 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:18 AM

Agree with Rayzor. I'm all for seeing the young guys develop and get play time..but with Smith as the only proven threat to a defense on one side of the field (assuming he is here) and 1 or 2 rookies/near rookies on the other.. well..I sure would love to have another proven vet opposite of Smith drawing at least a tiny bit of attention from Smith or the young guys.

#30 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:48 AM

receivers will grow regardless, happens every year, all over the league, for years.. competition only breeds strength, talent, and awareness. if they suffer, it's because they never were legit in the 1st place.

get a clue people.

#31 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

receivers will grow regardless, happens every year, all over the league, for years.. competition only breeds strength, talent, and awareness. if they suffer, it's because they never were legit in the 1st place.

get a clue people.

agreed, tho i would use john fox as the exception. he wasn't really big on competition.

#32 davos

davos

€∞€∞€∞€

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:54 AM

Right on the money

I'm a huuuggggeee Gettis fan and definitely think he can be a great WR, but given the overall history of 2nd year WRs not just with us but through out the entire league, we still need an addition. If Chud is gonna be running a lot of 4 WR sets, signing someone like James Jones/Floyd/Holmes can be extremely beneficial in both the short and long run.

#33 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

much rather have sid the kid.

#34 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

get a clue people.

thanks now i dont have to say this again.