Carolina Panther card/memorbilla/auto's collectors...

949 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was out of collecting but recently got back in. Jason aren't you a member of scf?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

IMG_7662.jpg

Nice, If there is a training camp i might try to get mine signed.

Posted · Report post

Growing up, I was a pretty big card collector, my dad got me into it. He had a massive box of them dating back to the 70's. He got out of it, but once I found that box I got us both back in for a while. We slipped out of it eventually, but every year I get at least one pack of cards before the season starts to kind of keep up with the tradition. I just bought a pack form the Wal mart down the road about 10 minutes ago, it was an Upper Deck pack and came with a bunch of HD updated photographed cards featuring older players like Tim Brown and George Rogers. It came with only one rookie from this year's draft class.

Care to take a guess who it was?

:cam:

Might get back into card collecting. Already have a pretty decent collection with some cards from Panthers players I got autographed myself.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have about 70,000 cards from the 70's, 80's, and 90's, and a few boxes of unopened cards. And about 100 Starting LineUp figures, including the original Charlotte Hornets figures.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

heres some that i picked up lately

18.jpg

23.jpg

21.jpg

02-27-2011123037PM.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nice.

Exquisite was my favorite...always classy and unique. I'm afraid we are a dying breed Jason, cards had a flare up in the 90s but don't count on anyone caring as much as poeple used to. I love the cards, I have always enjoyed looking at your random card posts. Card collecting can be very profitable. For instance a rookie Matt Ryan right now would be worth thousands and could have been bought for hundreds (if that) when they were released. Or how about a Romo? Probably pennies a while ago and thousands now. Vick? Same story. But what they're worth is far from the reasons we do(did) it :)

Thanks man I love cards and even though I get frustrated with the hobby I will never quit...Vick was selling for cheap when he was in prison, I saw some of his cards that would sell close to 1k for a $100 wish I would have bought some because he is hot again. My poor old Matt Moore collection is just shrinking in book value lol...I remember going to Toys R US and buying a cheap box with misc cards pulled a Tom Brady rookie sold it too early but made a nice $100 for it...

here is the newest Smitty Ive gotten my grubby lil fingers on.

football1353.jpg

Your Steve Smith collection is just sick man! How many 1/1's you have now?

Posted · Report post

I was out of collecting but recently got back in. Jason aren't you a member of scf?

Yes me and Hankpimplebut are, my user name is the same and Hanks is Deimos. I know Mr.Gross post here but he hasnt told me his user name is here.lol

heres some that i picked up lately

18.jpg

23.jpg

21.jpg

02-27-2011123037PM.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

That is a nice collection dude! I sold my Peppers when he left the team and that Deangelo is awesome I gave my Smitty 1/1 from the same set to Hank and he sent me a bunch of stuff for it...I really like the Jake. Nice haul man.

Posted · Report post

I need that white Clausen to go with the black one now..

Posted · Report post

To each his own, but I've never been in to buying autographed stuff... to me the real value of an autograph is the experience of getting it.

Posted · Report post

To each his own, but I've never been in to buying autographed stuff... to me the real value of an autograph is the experience of getting it.

That's great and all but not everybody can go get auto's of Deangelo Williams at his house.

Posted · Report post

My car collection for the Panthers is

2 Rookie DeAngelo Williams Cards

2 Steve Smith Cards

2 Muhsin Muhammad Cards

1 Ricky Proehl Card

1 Rookie Keary Colbert Card

1 Rookie Jordan Gross Card

1 Stephen Davis Card

1 Jake Delhomme Card

and my prized posession

1 Luxury Suites Rookie James Anderson card that I got for 25 cents. and man did he pick a great year did pan out last year.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

My car collection for the Panthers is

2 Rookie DeAngelo Williams Cards

2 Steve Smith Cards

2 Muhsin Muhammad Cards

1 Ricky Proehl Card

1 Rookie Keary Colbert Card

1 Rookie Jordan Gross Card

1 Stephen Davis Card

1 Jake Delhomme Card

and my prized posession

1 Luxury Suites Rookie James Anderson card that I got for 25 cents. and man did he pick a great year did pan out last year.

Nice deal on the Anderson he doesnt have many cards I was lucky enough to recently snag his 1/1 which I consider his best rookie card lol

FxCam_1304398706601.jpg