Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can Lucas decline a trade?!?!

27 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Would anyone else be happy if Lucas restructured his contract? I would be...

Yes, but I believe he must not be willing. I can't see why the Panthers wouldn't want it.

Posted · Report post

As others have mentioned, he can kill a trade by refusing to extend his contract with the Lions, wouldn't be worth it to the Lions to give up draft picks for a guy that won't extend his contract with them.

...that and Lucas did right by us last year in that whole pre-season thing, so I think we should try and find a good situation for him.

Posted · Report post

Who's going to pull the trigger on a player that says openly that he won't play for them? It's all about perception. I was let go by an employer last October, (economy downsizing) who had a non-compete clause on me. They informed me that they were going to enforce said clause and I said no way, you can't enforce a non-compete if you lay me off. Little did I know that even though it couldn't stand up in court, potential employers ran away from it, (and me). Fortunately it worked out well, but the reality is nobody is going to trade for a player that says he won't sign...