Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith almost considered retirement.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

I wonder what Rosario Dawson has to say about all this.

#26 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

My take is Smitty does want out, but won't make a stink if the Panthers can't get value for him. He has probably let the higher ups know it'd be his preference if he could play for a competitor right away, but he is also aware that the team isn't about to let their best receiver go for nothing.

I suspect that if a team feels they are "one receiver away" from competing for a championship, we may see him moved. My general feeling here is that if he is moved, it'll likely be to a good team (where we can hopefully see him win) who will give us a good deal (so we can hopefully get some more value in the draft), which is good... and if he isn't moved, hopefully we'll all be surprised at the growth of the offense, Smitty included, and we'll get to see him stick around as a Panther for a bit more time :)

#27 Vagrant

Vagrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:37 AM

The thread title is still wrong, by the way. You can't "almost consider", anything. You either consider it or you don't consider it. By the looks of it, Smith considered retirement but then thought better of doing it.

The act of consideration is a thought. You can't almost think. /logicnazi

#28 SPANKY

SPANKY

Smitty hugger

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

I'am glad he's going to stick around and make some people eat their words...again. The guy is not done by any means, guys like Smitty don't show up in every draft or FA.

#29 The Huddler

The Huddler

^ 99 OVR ^

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

I know for sure that the huddle has many people in the ,"Steve Smith has lost a step", "Trade him" camp.

I'd love 89 to make everyone who's said that look like a jack-ass this coming season.

The man says he can still run a 4.3 40. Wherever he ends up, i'll be watching, and rooting for him.

I Love Smitty. He wouldn't look good in anything other than our Carolina Blue and Black. I hope he will stay until he retires!! Hang in there Smitty!!!

#30 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

How does one almost consider something?