Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery?

56 posts in this topic

i think i'll wait for this season to get going before i start really considering what positions we will be needing the most (and to see who really sticks out in college).

way too early to tell who will be good in the draft or what we really need.

1 person likes this

as long as he can target were the ball is and catch in traffic he should be fine.

I think Jeffery would be exactly what this team needs. He's a playmaker who is tall, and, unlike Blackmon...has a knack for going up and getting it. Not knocking Blackmon, but their play styles have some differences which lead me to prefer Alshon Jeffery over Blackmon. This team needs a playmaker at the WR position if Smitty leaves.

And, just to top it off..

13398462_BG1.jpg

I'm also a really big Matt Kalil fan next year though, if Otah pansies his way through this year again, then I might advocate Kalil as my personal choice for our pick, although I'm not sure any of these players will fall to us at 32.

blackmon is nice as well, i think this year will seperate the 2 guys. it's to close right now.

South Carolina could very well be the best team in the SEC this year. If we're going by this upcoming year, I think the Gamecock's success will be a strong boost for Jeffery.

This thread is so silly... How bout a mod changes it to... Gettis or LaFell: who emerges as a better Wide Out this season?

That logic must be retarded though... Instead let's talk about two WR's that will play on Saturday in the coming year that we have no shot at drafting next year!

Let's not even mention that we are NOT interested in WR's at this point... Are you guys forgetting that we passed on Leonard Hankerson in the draft???? He will be a solid pro... Too bad he'll be in Washington...

Its times like these where I seriously consider going on a Huddle hiatus until this lockout is over.

South Carolina could very well be the best team in the SEC this year. If we're going by this upcoming year, I think the Gamecock's success will be a strong boost for Jeffery.

They also have one hell of a runningback.

But it will all come down to their quarterback play.

forced to choose between the two i'd go with jeffery as the pick (not necessarily the preference).

• blackmon seems like a headcase and potential legal headache (not a big deal, but still there).
  • jeffery's bodytype looks like it fits more the type receiver used in turner's version of the coryell...big physical guy (tho blackmon is a pretty physical guy as well)
  • jeffery is a local guy and there is usually a preference for local products by this team.

all that said...flip a coin. i'll take either one of them if it turns out WR is the biggest need and they happen to be the best prospects after the 2011 season is played.

This thread is so silly... How bout a mod changes it to... Gettis or LaFell: who emerges as a better Wide Out this season?

That logic must be retarded though... Instead let's talk about two WR's that will play on Saturday in the coming year that we have no shot at drafting next year!

Let's not even mention that we are NOT interested in WR's at this point... Are you guys forgetting that we passed on Leonard Hankerson in the draft???? He will be a solid pro... Too bad he'll be in Washington...

Its times like these where I seriously consider going on a Huddle hiatus until this lockout is over.

As if that hasn't been discussed a hundred million times already dumbass.

I dare you to make that thread and see how bad you get flamed.

Maybe you should do us all a favor and make good on your threat of going on hiatus....permanantly.

1 person likes this

Maybe you should do us all a favor and make good on your threat of going on hiatus....permanantly.

I've been hoping he would do so.

My vote is still Blackmon, I like a little extra speed on my WR, and he's not exactly little. I do agree that Jeffrey is probably more of the size/type of receiver that Chud would go for though.

I would definitely take Jeffrey, but our last three Gamecock picks haven't exactly panned out (yet). Brinkley was cut, Captain seems to be an eternal nickel package guy, and Norwood hasn't even gotten on the field. I was a huge Norwood fan in college and was big time excited when we drafted him. I am expecting big things from him this year.

Alshon is Andre Johnson 2.0 So Ill take two please