68 replies to this topic

#1 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

I know speculation has run wild this offseason... could you see us making a move like this? I don't know... :confused:

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2011/7/5/2259294/mcnabb-could-be-the-right-fit-at-a-low-price-for-the-panthers

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,768 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

they say if you dont know, dont post it...... seriously, probably not

#3 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

they say if you dont know, dont post it...... seriously, probably not

Well, it was linked to an article... so I figured it was alright. :boxing_smiley:

#4 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

In exchange for a 6th or 7th round pick?

Done... but we would need to run a "McNabb-friendly" offense to get our money's worth.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

if it wasn't for the fact that he comes from an andy reid WCO, i'd think it would be a great idea. hard to think of a better mentor for newton.

coming from that offense really handicaps QBs transitioning to another system. it doesn't necessarily need to be someone from an identical offense, but it should be someone with experience in a non-WCO.

i don't think that he would be hard to get, though. price and expectations will be lower than people think. it won't be dante culpepper bad of prospects, but he won't exactly be getting favre type offers either.

still, he's going to wind up going to a very QB needy team.

#6 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

i mean for a 6th or 7th rounder hell yeah. I'd even throw in clausen for free. nothing higher though.

#7 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,768 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:38 AM

Where Becoming Great is More like Collard Greens!

#8 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:43 AM

Done... but we would need to run a "McNabb-friendly" offense to get our money's worth.

will it look something like this?

http://estergoldberg...e2284970c-500wi

#9 Devoid

Devoid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Donovan McNabb signed to a five-year extension worth $78 million, $40 million of which is guaranteed, could potentially be worth $88 million if McNabb meets certain performance-based incentives. Idiots.

#10 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

Donovan McNabb signed to a five-year extension worth $78 million, $40 million of which is guaranteed, could potentially be worth $88 million if McNabb meets certain performance-based incentives. Idiots.

redskins have a loophole that gets them out of the deal.

Well, it turns out the Redskins haven't completely lost their mind when you look at the figures secured from the NFL Players Association by ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday. If the Redskins decide to cut ties with McNabb following this season, they'd only be on the hook for $3.75 million. This had the makings of an Albert Haynesworth-type albatross when news broke Monday afternoon, but the actual figures make more sense in the light of day.
My favorite line in Schefter's report: "The deal's maximum value is $88.5 million if McNabb leads his team to a Super Bowl victory every year."
http://espn.go.com/b...cnabbs-contract

not sure who you are calling idiots.

the contract he has with the redskins doesn't mean much to anyone...unless the redskins decide to keep him around.

#11 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,085 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

I would rather have Bryon Leftwich

#12 Devoid

Devoid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

redskins have a loophole that gets them out of the deal.

not sure who you are calling idiots.

the contract he has with the redskins doesn't mean much to anyone...unless the redskins decide to keep him around.

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't the contract come with him when he is traded?

#13 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,413 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't the contract come with him when he is traded?

he wouldn't stay with that deal. that contract would be renegotiated to something far more reasonable. no one believes that he would stay under anything close to that contract.

it's essentially a non-issue.

#14 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,063 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

I would be in favor of it. I don't think him coming from a WCO would be a bad thing. He is a good quarterback. The Redskins just didnt have the talent on offense for them to succeed. The year before, McNabb put up some really good numbers in Philly. I think in our offense with our young receievers and running game, McNabb could succeed here as well as become the perfect mentor for Cam. But either way, I think Cam will be fine with or without one.

#15 Devoid

Devoid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

he wouldn't stay with that deal. that contract would be renegotiated to something far more reasonable. no one believes that he would stay under anything close to that contract.

it's essentially a non-issue.

But he would have to agree to renegotiate. He would have to want to come here and be a mentor/3rd QB for less money. If we wait for the skins to cut him then we can try to get him for cheap and no lost pick. I think there will be teams that will want him as a started and that is where he will end up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com