Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTFISUP with NASCAR...

41 posts in this topic

Posted

There's a lot of things playing into it.

1. The economy is poo.

2. They're in the mid-summer stretch where there's nothing but shitty races.

3. Bruton Smith keeps buying shitty tracks and forces Nascar to give them 2 dates a year.

Posted

The Kentucky date was actually taken from one of Bruton's others tracks. As well as the 2nd Texas date. He forced nothing.

Posted

Yesterday was nationwide series, todays cup crowd looks pretty full.

And jim, basic cable doesnt cost $75, and tickets are cheaper than any time i can remember.

People bitched about the cup guys running all the nationwide races, but guess what? The ratings have fallen off since a lot of the cup guys started staying in the top series.

To watch all your teams games you need the NFL network as well as ESPN. Far as I know, you still can't get the NFL network on basic cable. Not too many people can go to all races. Race tickets may not be so expensive, but the travel would cost much more. My commitment to DISH has just 1 more month. After that I am going back to whatever TV cpmes through the air. Any cable of satelite package that covers all NFL games will cost 70 per month. I am just not doing it. You go right ahead.

Posted

Tony Stewart all the way!!!!!!:p

Posted

To watch all your teams games you need the NFL network as well as ESPN. Far as I know, you still can't get the NFL network on basic cable. Not too many people can go to all races. Race tickets may not be so expensive, but the travel would cost much more. My commitment to DISH has just 1 more month. After that I am going back to whatever TV cpmes through the air. Any cable of satelite package that covers all NFL games will cost 70 per month. I am just not doing it. You go right ahead.

The hell are you babbling about nfl network in a nascar thread for? We're talking about racing, and you can still watch every race with the cheapest programming package

Posted

They havent been to the brickyard yet this year.

Yeah I was thinking of Indy 500 which was fuller this year.

Posted

Sure there's always bad races just like in other sports... I think the most telling thing is the lack of attendance and low TV ratings.

That race (Talledega?) where they were doing that two car drafting was horrible.

Daytona. Last lap was good but the 2 car draft is terrible I agree

Posted

The hell are you babbling about nfl network in a nascar thread for? We're talking about racing, and you can still watch every race with the cheapest programming package

They are doing the same things in a bad economy. If you are unable to make no comprehension of what I am saying, just stick to talking about something of which you know.

Boy! I cleaned that up a bunch.

Posted

The same thing? I didnt know there was a nascar network..

Posted

I have a package from DISH network. With this package, I am unable to watch most races.

Posted

You pay $75 for sattelite and its missing tnt and espn? Or is the local channels youre missing? Either way, you got screwed. Dishs webside lists espn and tnt under their cheapest bundle lol

Posted

Now my wife was a big Gordon fan... she met him at Myrtle Beach speedway way back in like 1991 when they still raced Busch there.

All she did was "meet" Gordon?

:p