Photo
- - - - -

The Official Lockout is over thread/ Done Deal!

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#181 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

NFLPA Leader conference call has started

#182 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,586 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Plz let them vote favorably today!

Do want TC.
Do want Preseason.

Salty, can you comp everyone's hotel room if it ends this week? kthx :D

#183 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

I would have comped your room anyway boo...as long as you come down to my hotel :ihih:

#184 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

Hallelujah!!! The lockout's end is in sight!!!

With that, it's time for a little poo talk:

- Shame on DeMaurice Smith for taking this to court. This would never be settled by a judge. Any court battle the players won would have only forced the owners to take more drastic action. It could only have ever been settled by negotiation, as it will be.

- Shame on the NFL players for agreeing to use a sham decertification process to bolster their position. These are college educated people. They should have known better than to try that crap. They should have demanded that their leaders lead, and not lawyer. All it did was confuse the issue and delay resolution.

- Shame on Susan Richard Nelson for using the judge's bench as a platform for political activism. Even though her ordering the lockout over was almost immediately overturned, it shows that she is believes her personal feelings are more important than precedent and common sense, or she lacks any sort of judicial discern. I feel sorry for the people she has probably made to suffer from her sick sense of law.

- Shame on David S. Doty. This guy is even worse than Susan Nelson. He should never be involved in an NFL dispute again, and should be investigated for judical bias.

Lastly... despite the demonization of the owners, they did what they had to do. Hopefully in time people will come to understand that they are running a business to provide the best sports product in the world.

And there is no sports institution as amazing as the NFL. It is a tremendous responsibility to protect and improve it. Given our country's squandering of wealth and woeful economic times, it stands to reason something had to be done. NFL players aren't layed off, but a re-negotiation of their pay had to happen sooner or later.

Sometimes you have to re-think what you're doing to keep what you're doing great, and that's exactly what they did here.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 25 July 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#185 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

:D

AlbertBreer

Just filed to NFLN: Final settlement document has been completed & is ready to go. The players will vote on it, presuming conf call goes OK.

#186 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,245 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:33 AM

Cam Newton's signature: "SWAG"

#187 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

I would have comped your room anyway boo...as long as you come down to my hotel :ihih:

It'll be like Erin Andrews all over again :D

#188 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

:)

AlbertBreer

Filed to NFL Network: there will be no opt-out in the 10-year deal, after much haggling over it.

#189 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

Now I really do have to confront the question of whether or not to get the Sunday Ticket.

#190 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,586 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Now I really do have to confront the question of whether or not to get the Sunday Ticket.

Its free right now with a new subscription to DTV, isn't it?

#191 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

I don't want to read the whole thing can someone summarize what the fug is going on? TCF? For real.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Players sign today.

FA starts tomorrow.

Teams report throughout the week?

What is cutoff between RFA and UFA? Franchise? Any other tags?

kthanx

#192 The Saltman

The Saltman

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

I don't want to read the whole thing can someone summarize what the fug is going on? TCF? For real.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Players sign today.

FA starts tomorrow.

Teams report throughout the week?

What is cutoff between RFA and UFA? Franchise? Any other tags?

kthanx

nothings been agreed to, nothing has been signed.

Until it is announced we really are all just speculating.

Sit tight and go do something productive.

#193 HC79

HC79

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:08 AM

I got a $150 credit for Sunday ticket and $10 a month off for 6 months.

#194 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,260 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

I hope we are in the First 10.. We need all the practice we can get.

It's based on what day your first game is in the first PS week. CAR is in the last group of 10, since the Panthers first game is on Sat 8/13

The teams with Thursday games (ARZ, OAK, JAX, NE, BAL, PHI, SEA, SD, DEN, DAL) are the 1st teams that can open TC (which would be on Weds, 15 days before the first game)

The teams with Friday games (MIA, ATL, CIN, DET, PIT, WAS, TB, KC, SF, NO) will open TC on Thursday

The teams with Saturday games (GB, CLE, MIN, TEN, IND, STL, NYG, CAR, BUF, CHI) will open TC on Friday

And since the Jets and Texans don't play their first game until the next Monday, they have to wait until Sunday to open their camp

Edited by Boltergeist, 25 July 2011 - 11:33 AM.

#195 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:16 AM

I couldn't hate DirecTV any more than I do now. I finally had enough with them and called to cancel after Cox made me a great offer. When I say I'm going to cancel, they transfer me to the "Advanced Customer Experience" department where the lady there went all Bahamas on me and worked my price down so low and included so many more channels and threw in 2 free HD DVRs and a year of free HD that I was pissed they hadn't offered me that sooner. I already had Cox installed, I wasn't going back. I was just so damn mad that they couldn't work with me earlier, I had made 6 calls to them complaining about my price and my selection.

fug them, I know plenty of other "places" to watch football, baseball, MMA, cricket, soccer, and any other random sport.

fug you DirecTV, stop making me awesome deals when it's too late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com